Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad

You can bet there are teams looking at our PS RB's. We need to be sure LaMike is a keeper.

The thing is, he's not a keeper. I'm convinced that the only reason he "beat out" Christion Jones is because they couldn't keep 7 WRs and only 2 RBs. It was more a numbers game rather than him actually proving he needs to be on the roster. Throw in C. Jones' injury on top of it all and he really stood no chance, hell even Ajayi's injury probably played a part in it too. I don't feel good about him returning kicks at all, but as I stated in another thread, it is what it is and he's on the squad so I hope he makes me eat a ton of crow.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 4m4 minutes ago

EZ Nwachukwu: 'When Doug West gets on the phone, it's usually never a good thing.'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 4m4 minutes ago

Bill O'Brien to EZ Nwachukwu 'It was a very competitive position. You've really improved, I'm going to go with some other players right now'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago

Bill O'Brien tells EZ Nwachukwu: 'I need a guy who can run the gamut of routes a little bit better. It was a difficult decision.'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago

EZ Nwachukwu landed on Miami Dolphins' practice squad after being cut. His reaction when released by Texans: 'Devastated'

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 35s35 seconds ago
Jonas Gray replaces former Green Bay RB Neal on Fins' p squad.

Alain Poupart ‏@apoupartFins 13s14 seconds ago
@MiamiDolphins have cut QB Bethel-Thompson from practice squad. Signed DB Jonathan Dowling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see a safety being picked up. I remember that kid Dowling somewhat. Skinny, decent instincts but wild and uncontrolled. Poor technique but rangy, aggressive and could read the game ok. That's my memory. Wonder if whoever had him has coached him up any since then.

So who's currently on practice squad? We added Gray and Dowling, but released Bethel-Thompson. One more player has to go. Barry Jackson said Gray replaced Neal, but I haven't seen confirmation.

I'm ok with Gray, but I liked Neal more. I'm also interested to see if Jahwan Edwards from Ball State can develop into an NFL back. He just signed with the Falcons practice squad after spending most of training camp with the Chargers.

I'm ok with Gray, but I liked Neal more. I'm also interested to see if Jahwan Edwards from Ball State can develop into an NFL back. He just signed with the Falcons practice squad after spending most of training camp with the Chargers.

The whole Neal thing was weird signed him and then released him before a practice, then signed Gray. The only think I can think of is they "really" liked Gray better but he was visiting Titans, maybe he thought he would be on the active roster there but when he wasn't he circled back to Miami...

Moving on from MBT on the squad to me means we think he is worthless and would rather invest time in Logan Thomas. Not a bad decision I suppose.

Alain Poupart ‏@apoupartFins 2m2 minutes ago

.@MiamiDolphins bookkeeping: Rookie WR Christion Jones has been waived off IR with an injury settlement.

Unhappy we got rid of Neal. Would've preferred promoting him to the active roster and cutting LaMike. Still happy with our depth chart at RB, think we improved a fair bit there. Would've been that much better with Neal, he's gonna hang around for a while.

Back
Top Bottom