Dolphins want Christian Wilkins to do more in his third NFL season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Christian Wilkins to do more in his third NFL season

Very interesting video. Christian answered all questions seriously and gave intelligent thoughtful responses. I was expecting to see him joking around. Make no mistake, he is being groomed to be a Defensive leader of the Dolphins and he didn't shy away from that when asked directly. Should be set for a good season.

I like Wilkins but we should be asking for more from the 13th overall pick in the draft, he looks like a solid contributor but that's not the roi you want from a 13th pick.
isn't that the title of this thread, and what the thread itself is about?

So do I. So far he has not been worth his draft position but that is more on Grier than on Wilkins. He also has to grow up and stop acting like a silly child

I like Wilkins the person. The pick was curious in that he was considered the 3rd best DL on that line. This is what I mean when I say Grier is too “safe” at times. That said, rooting for this kid to become a force.
I understand where you're coming from, but there is something to be said for leadership and character, particularly with a young team.

Sometimes "safe" is the smart move.

Very interesting video. Christian answered all questions seriously and gave intelligent thoughtful responses. I was expecting to see him joking around. Make no mistake, he is being groomed to be a Defensive leader of the Dolphins and he didn't shy away from that when asked directly. Should be set for a good season.
I watched most of that interview, and Christian seems to be a VERY thoughtful guy. I'd known that he was a positive person with an infectious personality, but I had no clue that he was sharp. More and more, I can see why they like him... now, if we can keep him from jumping on his teammates.

I like Wilkins the person. The pick was curious in that he was considered the 3rd best DL on that line. This is what I mean when I say Grier is too “safe” at times. That said, rooting for this kid to become a force.
That was a pretty dominant line, but I don't disagree w you about that pick.

Tho I don't consider Grier "safe." Sometimes he does go with the safe pick. But just last year we picked a QB w a serious hip injury, a project LT, and a 20 yr old CB that had only played the position for 2 years all in the 1st round. Def not safe.

This year he could have taken the perceived safe picks in Chase or Pitts, but made the move for Waddle. He picked another guy that has elite talent but previously had to retire w our other 1st.

Grier is honestly a wildcard to me. We lead the league in trades by a decent amount since he's taken over. Next year is the first season I think we can really judge how he's built this team. But I don't think I can say he's done it via the safe route.

That was a pretty dominant line, but I don't disagree w you about that pick.

Tho I don't consider Grier "safe." Sometimes he does go with the safe pick. But just last year we picked a QB w a serious hip injury, a project LT, and a 20 yr old CB that had only played the position for 2 years all in the 1st round. Def not safe.

This year he could have taken the perceived safe picks in Chase or Pitts, but made the move for Waddle. He picked another guy that has elite talent but previously had to retire w our other 1st.

Grier is honestly a wildcard to me. We lead the league in trades by a decent amount since he's taken over. Next year is the first season I think we can really judge how he's built this team. But I don't think I can say he's done it via the safe route.
Good points. And I do like Wilkins / he did improve over his rookie year too.

Christian Wilkins is a good guy and I want him to succeed as much as anyone. However, he is a walking, talking example of why you do NOT take interior defensive linemen in the 1st round unless their names start with Aaron and end with Donald. Bad Value Pick 101.

Christian Wilkins is a good guy and I want him to succeed as much as anyone. However, he is a walking, talking example of why you do NOT take interior defensive linemen in the 1st round unless their names start with Aaron and end with Donald. Bad Value Pick 101.
Why?

Can you explain why you believe this?

I like Wilkins but we should be asking for more from the 13th overall pick in the draft, he looks like a solid contributor but that's not the roi you want from a 13th pick. It adds frustration when the DTs taken right after him, Lawrence and Simmons, both look like better players than him.

A defensive interior front of Raekwon Davis and Dexter Lawrence would of been a problem.
He is doing what is asked of him.

The whole we should expect more out of draft pick X...is such a terrible argument. It's merely a bitching point.

I never expected Wilkins to be an all pro defensive lineman. I expected him to be a solid defensive lineman who would also be a team leader. So far he has shown that he can be a solid defensive lineman and his work ethic and his enthusiasm for the game makes him a natural leader, IMO. I think he was a good first round pick in 2019 and I’m happy he is a Dolphin.

I never expected Wilkins to be an all pro defensive lineman. I expected him to be a solid defensive lineman who would also be a team leader. So far he has shown that he can be a solid defensive lineman and his work ethic and his enthusiasm for the game makes him a natural leader, IMO. I think he was a good first round pick in 2019 and I’m happy he is a Dolphin.
Same!

Plus, I expect him to improve!

Back
Top Bottom