Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

Well im not scared to put him in a gap penetrating role

He has filthy short area lateral quickness

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

An nflpa report released today said KC has 6m in cap space.... but I take your point they could have found room if they were desperate

Absolutely...you cut a lot of guys before you cut bait with that

@ArmandoSalguero: I hear you all about one-year prove-it deals. But those mean entire salary is charged to cap. So $8-$10M would be outrageous. And bad.

Fair point.

I am torn. This is a player that I have loved for years, but we already spend so much on our DL and he certainly comes with some flags. Id rather sign him long term. if we can get a team friendly short term deal done? Even if iy isnt ideal How can you say no.

But again? Why isnt he a falcon? He also turned down a long term deal in Indy

What was the reported indy offer?

My guess is that would be about guaranteed money...something tbaum hands out like halloween candy

@ArmandoSalguero: I hear you all about one-year prove-it deals. But those mean entire salary is charged to cap. So $8-$10M would be outrageous. And bad.

Fair point.

I am torn. This is a player that I have loved for years, but we already spend so much on our DL and he certainly comes with some flags. Id rather sign him long term. if we can get a team friendly short term deal done? Even if iy isnt ideal How can you say no.

I'm with Hoops, something is amiss, or he wants lunch at Joe's-lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

My guess is that would be about guaranteed money...something tbaum hands out like halloween candy

:lol:

Hoops, sounds like ur on board with a Poe signing? Does that free Miami then to draft what in the first round?

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 3m3 minutes ago
More
Armando Salguero Retweeted Suh-nami
Um, team has already invested some $20M for DTs in 2017. At some point, draft has to be the answer.Armando Salguero added,
Suh-nami @finsfinatic

Fair point.

Bro perhaps the uncertainty of Indy coaching staff going forward, and the Falcons lost a lot of coaches. Perhaps some of these things and the deal he was offered. Could it be the players he would be playing with wasn't the total package he was looking for? Time will tell.

Indys new gm might have put the stop sign on how much guaranteed money in the deal

He needs to put all his eggs in protecting the qb first although the defense is a dumpster fire too

Not sure on the numbers, but roto mentioned multiple times that Indy had a multi year deal on the table. Indy is run by the ex KC exec Ballard so he would be aware of any long term health issues.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 3m3 minutes ago
More
Armando Salguero Retweeted Suh-nami
Um, team has already invested some $20M for DTs in 2017. At some point, draft has to be the answer.Armando Salguero added,
Suh-nami @finsfinatic

Someone tell mando its not in the draft...jonathen allen isnt falling to 22 and he only weighs like 285 and rookie dts are as works in progress outside of the top 10 as any position in football and just about as dicey in terms of what you will have in 2 years as well

Indy is a sinking ship....done, cooked...

Gase has been attracting players like the American Gigigilo attracted female clients (showing my age here)...

From what I've heard, "energy" has been described when people refer to Gase....young guys love that, so if the money is right, Poe is a Fin...book it.

Gase is the man guys, and we are going back to the playoffs this year.

Not sure on the numbers, but roto mentioned multiple times that Indy had a multi year deal on the table. Indy is run by the ex KC exec Ballard so he would be aware of any long term health issues.

Ahh ok ex kc exec would definitely have the inside scoop on that medical and the risk involved

Indy is a sinking ship....done, cooked...

Gase has been attracting players like the American Gigigilo attracted female clients (showing my age here)...

From what I've heard, "energy" has been described when people refer to Gase....young guys love that, so if the money is right, Poe is a Fin...book it.

Gase is the man guys, and we are going back to the playoffs this year

He had the chance to join a superbowl contender. Doubt Gase is the difference on this one

Anyone thinking Poe is only going to sign for 2.5 to 3 million for one year is dreaming. I would think he would want at least 8 million if not more.

Back
Top Bottom