Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

I'll be very interested in seeing what the Dolphins do with the $4M difference between offering Poe $4M and watching him sign with the Falcons for $8M.

it is very difficult not to look at this through the prism of the money being wasted on Misi and Jordan, and the money we wasted on Mario Williams.

Odrick, who hates us.

Yeah I have no idea what is going on with Odrick. As far as I know he only made one visit to the Patriots and haven't heard anything about him since then.

The Branch deal costs us another good player in free agency.

He may be better on paper but as proven he's fat and lazy the last few years. I'm still stinging over Mario Williams, so I'm not too sad about this. Can't win them all.

Poe is a very good football player.

I will need to see what his contract in Atlanta looks like before I get upset by this, though.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
More
With Poe signing, #Giants DT Jonathan Hankins is the best available DT. He still wants a big-$, multi-year deal. Hard to imagine that now.

Playing next to Suh should be an incentive to anyone, but the reality is these DTs want to get paid. And they know Miami can't afford to pay their #2 DT top $$$.

I don't see Hankins coming here for that same reason.

Yeah, I'd look at Hankins, but that seems unlikely. Jordan Phillips gets a reprieve for now.

Playing next to Suh should be an incentive to anyone, but the reality is these DTs want to get paid. And they know Miami can't afford to pay their #2 DT top $$$.

I don't see Hankins coming here for that same reason.

Atlanta has a formidable front and the Jags could would have also honestly so not sure that was the main factor...

I assume that will look for a cheaper rotational player for about have half the Poe amount.....or in the draft late.

It would have been a bad move to draft Collins on day 3, when he publicly states he would've sat out the year to re enter the draft it just isn't worth it. Granted, maybe he was bluffing but it's risky. Also how does owning a player's rights affect that scenario?

What do you mean maybe? His agent admitted after the draft that they never intended on sitting out the year. bluff of the century...

So Atlanta has Poe and Grady Jarrett at DT. That should be nice as Poe will work his butt off to get a big contract next year.

Odrick is a bit more of a head case than what most coaches want to deal with considering he is just above average. Talent level not worth the headaches. He has sideline blowups and an attitude issue. He is suing the Jags for like 6M in pay that was withheld for refusing treatment/ failure to show for rehab. Obviously there was an issue there in Jax and likely overvalues his worth. He was highly overpaid at 5 years 42M although the Jags were able to cut him with ZERO dead cap space.

Hankins want a long term deal but has questions about consistency as well.

Poe on a one year deal would have been good for us strictly because they have NO idea what Phillips will be this year. They would have just signed a low tier guy to be a 3rd DT if they knew. Sounds like they overestimated Gase's recruiting "energy". It's all about the $$$ for most players.

They should have signed Chris Baker. He got around 5.25M per year ( 3 year deal) and can be cut with cap hit next year.

Caleb Brantley anyone?

Atlanta has a formidable front and the Jags could would have also honestly so not sure that was the main factor...

I assume that will look for a cheaper rotational player for about have half the Poe amount.....or in the draft late.

I don't see a rookie DT drafted in the late rounds making much impact, to be honest.

We're gonna need Phillips to step up in 2017.

I don't see a rookie DT drafted in the late rounds making much impact, to be honest.

We're gonna need Phillips to step up in 2017.

Yes ultimately its in Phillips now which is a big ?..

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Let's add Hankins

Not going to happen - again were not going to pony up that type of money or contract..

Back
Top Bottom