Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

I'm fine with bringing in Sen'derrick Marks. Another year removed from a knee injury, think you can often get some surplus value with those guys. I want Phillips to see the field, someone like Mark's can rotate with him.

They don't seem too serious about finding a replacement for Phillips if you look at the low ball offer they gave to Poe and they had shown no interest in Logan, Hankins or any of the other free agent DTs. They just aren't going to pay for a starting caliber DT. So it's going to be Phillips and some low cost rotational guy. If Phillips doesn't step up in 2017 then they will either be signing or drafting a DT in 2018.

They don't seem too serious about finding a replacement for Phillips if you look at the low ball offer they gave to Poe and they had shown no interest in Logan, Hankins or any of the other free agent DTs. They just aren't going to pay for a starting caliber DT. So it's going to be Phillips and some low cost rotational guy. If Phillips doesn't step up in 2017 then they will either be signing or drafting a DT in 2018.

I have to agree. They're counting on Phillips to take a big step in 2017 but they need dept and we rotate our linemen, specially when playing at home with all the heat. There was no way they were going to spend big at DT with Suh eating up so much of the cap already.

Ozzy rules!!

Poe had a very good season in 2014. The last 2 seasons his play has been trending down. This isn't as much about a low ball offer as it is the Falcons over paying.

Johnathan Hankins might be asking for too much money - $8M a year - IMO. He could be worth the money, but can we afford him? :ponder:

He is a stud DT at 24 years. Pull the trigger I say.

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account
@JordanRaanan

Follow
More
Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
More
Armando Salguero Retweeted Jordan Raanan
This is true. Hankins agent wants $10M APY ...

this should put any more Hankins talk to bed-right?

Yeah if we're not spending that kind of money on a linebacker or guard, then we're not spending it on a DT with Suh and Phillips already on the roster.

Wow $4MM is pretty low even for a prove it deal.

Don't think of it as a waste of time though. Cannot imagine information only flows one way during these meetings.

:lol: What a joke of an offer from us.

$8M was right in line with what I thought he should receive. Atlanta got themselves a damn good player and Quinn will get the most of him. Dion Jones will also be happy as ****.

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account
@JordanRaanan

Follow
More
Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
More
Armando Salguero Retweeted Jordan Raanan
This is true. Hankins agent wants $10M APY ...

this should put any more Hankins talk to bed-right?

Yeah I'm not paying Hankins 10 mill a year, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for him.

@JosinaAnderson: Note: DT Dontari Poe had a 1yr, $9M deal fully guar'd + incentives from the #Jags, but favored the #Falcons all along based on convos w/ DQ.

Re. The colts:

@JosinaAnderson: There were talks including something in neighborhood of 5-yr deal worth up to $60M. Not only option. 1-year was discussed too, per source. https://twitter.com/wise_dr27/status/842499245852835842

Back
Top Bottom