Dolphins want Ryan Tannehill deal done by Week 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Ryan Tannehill deal done by Week 1

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 11m11 minutes ago
If Philip Rivers is truly on the trade market the Dolphins better be making a call to find out the price.

:bobdole:

**** you Omar, you hack.

I've stated this before, but the main reason I HATE Omar is tweets like this. He can really have some decent insight every now and then on players and coaches, but then he says stupid **** like this and comes off so biased. He falls in love with players (wallace/garrard) and makes excuse after excuse for them, and then he has players he absolutely hates (tannehill) and goes out of his way to show it. If I'm a reporter/writer/whatever for a sports team, I imagine being unbiased would be one of the most important parts of the job. Just comes off as completely unprofessional.

If Philip Rivers is truly on the trade market the Dolphins better be making a call to find out the price.

Omar's a washed up drunk. F*ck you Kelly, F*ck you.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Make Tannehill spend the rest of his days in sunny South Florida!!

This makes perfect sense. You really want to lock in Tannehill before Luck or Wilson sign and set the market at a new benchmark.

We have signed Suh and Pouncey to deals that set new benchmarks.
Luck and Wilson willl do the same. We will be better off if we can get locked in with Tannehill before those deals come out.

Tannehill has motivation not to simply take the extension. He takes a lot of hits. And the guaranteed money in a 5 year deal beats simply taking the extension.

Not sure if it matters what the other guy gets since from recent signings the previous signings made no difference at all in what they got.

I'm more critical of the quarterback than most, but who else are you going to find that is better? I prefer him to Alex, Cutler, Kap Dalton, who all received huge deals and would be thrilled if they signed him for a lesser deal than any of those. Regardless, it's smart to set the market because his price will only go up after Wilson signs, and I don't think Indy will sign Luck till after the 5th year option is over. Average per year is an overrated measurement of contracts, because rarely does a contract go without some level of modifying or termination. With the way the cap is projected, getting him anything less than a 7 year/ 125 million/ 30 million guaranteed would be tremendous value. It will be interesting to see how the parameters of the contract and how it's structured.

he is just trolling for hits

If I'm the Jets and Mariota falls to 6 I'd definitely give San Diego a call for Rivers. I think they make more sense for Rivers than Tennessee.

I'd like to see at least one winning season to justify a huge contract extension. It's a shame what the NFL is coming to if you can land a 100M deal without posting a winning season...

If I'm the Jets and Mariota falls to 6 I'd definitely give San Diego a call for Rivers. I think they make more sense for Rivers than Tennessee.

I'm sure all the Jet fans and media schmucks up here are already having a circle-jerk about it.

This makes perfect sense. You really want to lock in Tannehill before Luck or Wilson sign and set the market at a new benchmark.

We have signed Suh and Pouncey to deals that set new benchmarks.
Luck and Wilson willl do the same. We will be better off if we can get locked in with Tannehill before those deals come out.

Tannehill has motivation not to simply take the extension. He takes a lot of hits. And the guaranteed money in a 5 year deal beats simply taking the extension.

Signing him long term before he "turns the corner" is risky. His output thus far does not command Wilson or Luck's numbers.

His output is above Wilsons and there less then a handful of qbs with Lucks output.

Statistically Tannehill deserves the Andy Dalton deal. Now if only our team could stop chocking in Dec everything would be fine.

All the naysayers who are saying, "Tannehill hasn't proved anything yet, or isn't deserving...blah, blah, blah," should look at the contract Andy Dalton got from the Bengals, than compare Tannehill's numbers to Dalton's. Tanny deserves a $100 million deal.

Back
Top Bottom