Dolphins went from -2.5 fave to -5 ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins went from -2.5 fave to -5 ??

uugghh.. i have saquon too.. also have russell wilson, deandre hopkins, nick chubb, jarvis landry, . getting killed

Yeah, Saquon was all that was left because I drafted 9th in a 10 team League. I’m 8-4 on a two game losing streak. Honestly, I’m lucky to be 8-4

Glennon is a step down from Jacoby and ironically from the same college.
Jones is underrated and a good QB... Without him NY is not better
Jones can be good for stretches, even a whole game now and then, but he makes tons of bad plays, many of them hilarious. No, he's not a good QB and the Giants would be wise to move on from him in the offseason. But Glennon? Definitely a worse player, agree with you there.

I get how Miami has **** the bed against backups in the past. It was the first thing I thought about. Then I went to get Giants fans take on the whole thing and 90% of them don't even want to bother watching now. I haven't watched Jones or the Giants much though I get they have played a lot better recently. Just judging on how that fanbase is acting right now, I'm happy with Glennon starting. Either way the defense has been ridiculous lately and the offense is coming around so I'm fairly confident.

Glennon isn’t good but he’s a serviceable backup. He’s also less turnover prone than Jones.

If I had to pick I guess I’d prefer Glennon starting, but I really don’t see it as a huge difference either way.

Even with that long neck he won't be able to see over our Defense. Victory should be ours.

Last edited:
He does have a lot of experience though. Didn't he beat us before when he was with the BUCS or something?
He has a Canon of an arm and Dolphins weakness against the deep ball. We should not underestimate them. They have a very good young talented group and their secondary getting more and more interceptions.

OTOH, MIA has a bad habit of struggling against backups
And to this day when you mention the name Thad Lewis to Dolphins fans, it still sends shivers down their spine.... I know many of you remember this game. We laid an Egg. I lost 2 Phins T Shirts that night and had to replace a tv as well....

Others from

— In 2012, Tennessee quarterback Jake Locker, now retired because of injuries, led the Titans, with their 3-6 record, to a 37-3 road victory against the Dolphins. Locker was 9 of 21 for 122 yards, for two touchdowns and no interceptions. Locker ended with a 93.8 passer rating.

— In 2013, Tampa Bay quarterback Mike Glennon led the win less Buccaneers, then 0-8, to a 22-19 Monday Night Football victory over the Dolphins at Tampa Bay. Glennon was 11 of 21 for 139 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He ended with a 52.1 passer rating.

— In 2013, Buffalo quarterback Thad Lewis led the Bills, who would finish in last place in the AFC East, to a 19-0 home victory over the Dolphins that severely damaged the Dolphins’ playoffs hopes. Lewis was 15 of 25 for 193 yards, no touchdowns and one interception. He had a passer rating of 56.3.

— In 2013, New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith led his team to a 20-7 road victory in the season finale. Smith was 17 of 27 for 190 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions. He ended with a 56.3 passer rating.

— In 2014, Buffalo quarterback EJ Manuel led his team to a 29-10 home victory despite going 16 of 26 for 202 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions. He had a 98.6 passer rating.

— In 2014, Smith had a perfect passer rating of 158.3 while leading the Jets to a 37-24 road victory over the Dolphins in the finale. Smith was 20 of 25 for 358 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.

— In 2015, Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick led the Jets to a 27-14 victory over the Dolphins in London. Fitzpatrick was 16 of 29 for 218 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He had a 76.5 passer rating.

And to this day when you mention the name Thad Lewis to Dolphins fans, it still sends shivers down their spine.... I know many of you remember this game. We laid an Egg. I lost 2 Phins T Shirts that night and had to replace a tv as well....

Others from

— In 2012, Tennessee quarterback Jake Locker, now retired because of injuries, led the Titans, with their 3-6 record, to a 37-3 road victory against the Dolphins. Locker was 9 of 21 for 122 yards, for two touchdowns and no interceptions. Locker ended with a 93.8 passer rating.

— In 2013, Tampa Bay quarterback Mike Glennon led the win less Buccaneers, then 0-8, to a 22-19 Monday Night Football victory over the Dolphins at Tampa Bay. Glennon was 11 of 21 for 139 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He ended with a 52.1 passer rating.

— In 2013, Buffalo quarterback Thad Lewis led the Bills, who would finish in last place in the AFC East, to a 19-0 home victory over the Dolphins that severely damaged the Dolphins’ playoffs hopes. Lewis was 15 of 25 for 193 yards, no touchdowns and one interception. He had a passer rating of 56.3.

— In 2013, New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith led his team to a 20-7 road victory in the season finale. Smith was 17 of 27 for 190 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions. He ended with a 56.3 passer rating.

— In 2014, Buffalo quarterback EJ Manuel led his team to a 29-10 home victory despite going 16 of 26 for 202 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions. He had a 98.6 passer rating.

— In 2014, Smith had a perfect passer rating of 158.3 while leading the Jets to a 37-24 road victory over the Dolphins in the finale. Smith was 20 of 25 for 358 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.

— In 2015, Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick led the Jets to a 27-14 victory over the Dolphins in London. Fitzpatrick was 16 of 29 for 218 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He had a 76.5 passer rating.

Thank you for spoiling any notion of this morning turning it into a good day

Jones can be good for stretches, even a whole game now and then, but he makes tons of bad plays, many of them hilarious. No, he's not a good QB and the Giants would be wise to move on from him in the offseason. But Glennon? Definitely a worse player, agree with you there.
He is much better than the media gives him credit for and just because Colin Cowturd spews hate on him does not mean he is not a very capable NFL QB. They just didnt like the fact he was drafted high that year.
Looks like we might see how good or bad he is this weekend. I was definitely hoping for Glennon, Jones lead them to a win over the red hot Eagles last week.

Last edited:
That makes me feel better! Always get nervous if all the public money is on the fish. We know how Vegas operates 🤣
It was on the Fins, too many people were taking Miami at -2.5 had to move the line to make it less appealing and generate action on the other side. I wouldn't be surprised if it moved again before game day...

He is much better than the media gives him credit for and just because Colin Cowturd spews hate on him does not mean he is not a very capable NFL QB. They just didnt like the fact he was drafted high that year.
Looks like we might see how good or bad he is this weekend. I was definitely hoping for Glennon, Jones lead them to a win over the red hot Eagles last week.
I've no idea what Cowherd thinks or says, but he fumbles a lot, advanced stats don't like him (26 out of 32 in DVOA this year) and literally the last I saw of him was this play:

So, yeah, I'm a bit skeptical about him being better than people say.

Back
Top Bottom