Dolphins Will Carry Over $5.9 Million Of Unused Space Into 2019 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Will Carry Over $5.9 Million Of Unused Space Into 2019

But one thing to remember they are still the Browns. And honestly despite having a good front office Jimmy Haslem has shown that he will fire people or change what he wants to do at the drop of a dime
Nice post bro. I will say this 2018 was there year for momentum as an organization. We will say what the future holds. I am hoping that the Dolphins are building a bright future.

You’d take Tannehill over Mayhill, Parker over Landry ?

I wasn't talking about any specific player for player scenarios.

I was talking about franchise for franchise. 100%. Including the owner. I take us.

I do not think we will have the luxury of spending cap money in 2019. It looks like we are already carrying $13.5 Million in dead cap money for 2019. If we end up cutting Tannihill, that will be another $13 Million in dead cap money for 2019 (cut post June, $7.8). There are quite a few others that will surprise you on the list which you can find at: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

If I were the Browns, I would extend those guys now to a LONG term deal and seriously front load it. Get huge cap numbers in now.

I don't know how has the better future but right now the Browns have the better present

I wasn't talking about any specific player for player scenarios.

I was talking about franchise for franchise. 100%. Including the owner. I take us.

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::drop: Litter early to be drunk for the Super Bowl. Take our owner :chuckle:

This is a motion picture, not a snapshot. Our history is more storied and I also believe that our future is going to be brighter (blind homerism maybe, but I believe it). That said, the Cleveland Browns future does look brighter at this very moment and in this particular snapshot. If we do the right thing and successfully tank, the snapshot will look the same for the next year. But, once we have our QB, there's a good chance our future looks brigher.

Consider, the Browns are often under the salary cap and not uncommon to be one of the teams that flits with the salary floor--yes, there is such a thing, it is the minimum an NFL team can pay in a year, and only a few teams are routinely there, with the Browns, Bengals, Vikings and Raiders being teams that flirt with the salary floor most often. That means Miami--on average--utilizes more financial efforts. Plus, there is no state tax here in Miami. The weather is better in Miami. The opportunities for families, activities, and potential for player marketing are better in Miami. None of these things alone is conclusive, but on the whole, it makes it easier to retain one's players, to attract coaches and FA's, and sustain the core of winning teams. We're not NYC or LA, which have probably the biggest draw of all NFL cities. But, after those two, we're definitely one of the more desired destinations. Oh sure, everyone wants to go where there's a winner, and when Don Shula was here, it was Miami, when Jimmy Johnson was with the Cowboys it was in Dallas, and yes, while Belichick leads the Patriots it is in New England. But, If both Cleveland and Miami were the sites of those winning teams, it would be easier to maintain that winning team in Miami. I believe we will get back there eventually, and if we build to become a top franchise again, it will be easier to sustain here in Miami. Those are some of the reasons why I believe the Dolphins future is brighter than the Browns.

Back
Top Bottom