Dolphins: Will they make the playoffs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins: Will they make the playoffs?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I created the thread about the Dolphins winning 10 games but it was met with a lot of present term negativity which is understood by all means. Now I am creating the playoffs thread since the playoff picture right now isn't even set in stone. As of this thread we are two games behind in our own division. A lot of teams will be having their bye week soon, and that includes us and the Patriots. Unless Buffalo, and New England go on some kind of late season slump then our chances to win our division will be based on that scenario, and us not losing any games as well. Right now I am more focused on us winning the rest of the games. We will have a bye week to deal with injuries, and we will be facing two teams with a losing record, and two teams with a winning record. Will we make the playoffs? If we win the rest of our games I will have to say yes. Will we make it if we lose any of these games? I have a feeling if it came to a time breaker with the bills then that would suck for us.

Teams Left to Beat:

1. Jets
2. Saints
3. Titans
4. Patriots

Predict the record for our last games.

JS55: 4-0

I believe they will make the playoffs in 2022. The 1-7 hole they dug themselves is probably too big a hole to dig themselves out of this year. I think 9-8 or 8-9 is where they will end up and neither of those records will likely get them into the playoffs.

Like DrMutimedia, I hope I’m wrong also.

I believe they will make the playoffs in 2022. The 1-7 hole they dug themselves is probably too big a hole to dig themselves out of this year. I think 9-8 or 8-9 is where they will end up and neither of those records will likely get them into the playoffs.

Like DrMutimedia, I hope I’m wrong also.
Everyone said the same thing last year.....

I will say that there is not a single team on the list where I believe there is not a realistic chance to win. It is hard to believe we will win 4 in a row, but there is a chance. I am just not sure we get in at 10-7. There are a number of factors that influence our chances. Parker, Waddle, Tua, Deiter, Hunt and the key defensive players staying healthy is huge. A single injury probably details any opportunity. I am going to cheer for 4 in a row but it seems unlikely.

Look, we've beat (yea i agreee Miami won these games) some weak ass teams. Probably will beat the Jets, but a test against the Titans, and a big test against the Pats. I hate the Pats, but Belicheat is gonna do what cheaters do. The refs will not be nice to Miami, and the OLine (from the all 22 that I've seen) is just beggin' to take Tua out again. It's goonna happen, though I hate to predict it. There were a couple good (?) hits put on Tua last game, and Liam/Davis gonna let the D put Tua in a vice.

Everyone said the same thing last year....

I want the Dolphins to make the playoffs but the OP asked if they would. I just don’t believe they will go undefeated over the next 4 games and if they go 3-1, that will give them a 9-8 record. That will certainly be a great turnaround from 1-7 but I doubt it will be enough for them to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. We don’t have the horses on offense and no running game. We will lose to NE and a loss to either NO or TN
I disagree on the NE game...I think we win that one comfortably. I just think NO will give us fits and Tenn will have many of their missing players back by then, supposedly. Tennessee is tough with their top 2 receivers and Henry in there.

There is a notion maybe based on hearsay as much as results that up and coming teams have a good year followed by a step back before breaking through the next season. I love the way we are responding after dropping 7 straight and hope we win out and make the playoffs but I honestly think the hole was too deep. That said maybe next year will finally be the one.

I disagree on the NE game...I think we win that one comfortably. I just think NO will give us fits and Tenn will have many of their missing players back by then, supposedly. Tennessee is tough with their top 2 receivers and Henry in there.
Henry will likely be back for the Dolphin game but I wonder if he will get back to the Henry he was before his injury earlier this season.

His injury was a broken bone in his foot and those type injuries aren’t easy to overcome in just a few months. Yet if he is in the backfield when they play the Dolphins, he will have an impact in the game. The Dolphins will have to be more concerned with the run with Henry in the backfield than they would if his backup is playing.

Tannehill hasn’t played nearly as well without Henry in the lineup but he will be obviously be looking forward to playing against his former team and I suspect he will play very well in the game.

Back
Top Bottom