Dolphins Will Try To Trade Jones? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Will Try To Trade Jones?

poster%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

Alot of flubs last year on the Miami backend. And alot of blame to go around for everyone.

My first target would be McCain, he was the Channing Chowder of the Secondary last year. Always trailing and getting lost in traffic.

And yes Jones, I advocated trading him for a few years. He is a great run stuffing safety with blitz capabilities. He just gets caught way to often with his nose in the backfield, which leads to him getting burnt.

But my main issue, is I dont much care for McDonald. As I think he is the cheaper version of Jones.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is the modern day strong safety, his coverage and play reading ability, speed, blitzing may even be better than Jones, his ability to cover backs or tight ends makes him a linchpin to this defense. Jones is in his spot and Minkah is the future and asked at the beginning of the season for them to find him a spot now so he can work on perfecting his craft. That's the best reason for finding a trading partner and moving on from Jones. This needs to happen before the season starts...we also need to find a true free safety and trade TJ McDonald....both Jones and McDonald lack the coverage skills to be ideal safeties in todays NFL.

We got 3 players we need to keep and make happy Minkah, Tunsil, Howard - that's were our elite talent is. Hope others move up there and we get a couple in the draft.

If there is a elite FS in the draft it wouldn't be a bad move to pick him up.

Last edited:
He checked himself out the game because someone else was playing his spot on a few plays.

Dude has a bloated ego for having a decent season in 2014, good riddance.

Quitting on the team is not selfish? Good bye Jones see ya

I certainly do not condone quitting on that game. However, he made an extremely emotional decision, paid the price. This guy has played hurt for Miami, game after game. Left everything on the field, putting surgery off so he could continue to be on the field. I am not going to judge him based solely on one mistake. Also, the idea that any player wanted to get paid and not take a pay cut means they are selfish is foolish.

i think the only way we get rid of jones, who s time is past,would be to pay his salary and throw in a low draft pick. lol

I certainly do not condone quitting on that game. However, he made an extremely emotional decision, paid the price. This guy has played hurt for Miami, game after game. Left everything on the field, putting surgery off so he could continue to be on the field. I am not going to judge him based solely on one mistake. Also, the idea that any player wanted to get paid and not take a pay cut means they are selfish is foolish.

You're actually right. I do forget he has played hurt for us.

Dude has been an a-hole for a decade. Not a good teammate. Plays me-first style. Celebrates *his* big plays even if his team is getting destroyed - year after year.

You don't remember when he threatened to hold out with two years left on his contract - a contract that had him as a top 5 paid safety and a top 2 paid strong safety.

Dude is a good player with a bad attitude and getting paid way too much. If we're gonna cut him, cut him PRE june 1 and take the huge cap hit THIS year... cutting him post june 1 pushes 8mil dead cap to next year - the last thing we want.

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely we move him at all considering how garbage that contract is. If we do move him though, it's gonna be soon so we take all the cap hit this year - which I'm all for.

I wanted him gone the moment he quit last year, BUT the move does not really make sense capwise and I doubt anyone would take his deal. The safety market was pretty soft again this off season (except for a couple of guys).

The Fins do not NEED cap relief this year, or maybe next year either. They have a couple of guys(Tunsil and Howard)to extend but I don't think they will be spending bit in FA next year either so tons of cap space are not reallt needed right now.

what has Miami got for that big extension value wise ? Does not matter now a guy with two bum shoulders who will be making 17 million this year will soon be gone.

You play him if your paying him like we are and when the salary runs out then let him walk. No need creating a hole when we have craters to fill on the oline and dline.

Back
Top Bottom