Dolphins | Wimbley claims team discussed how he would be used | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Wimbley claims team discussed how he would be used

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins | Wimbley claims team discussed how he would be used
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:26:54 -0700
Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Florida State DL Kamerion Wimbley said Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban has already discussed with him how he would be used if the team picks him with the No. 16 overall selection. Wimbley would line up at outside linebacker opposite DL Jason Taylor when the team used a 3-4 defense. Saban said earlier in the month that front-seven defensive players are always a top personnel priority and he recently visited Florida State's campus where numerous Florida State draft prospects, including Wimbley, were working out.

Interesting. I would rather Lawson in the position because of the higher ceiling but watching Wimbley a few times he would be worthy of the 16 pick if he makes it that far.

He's strong, good build, compact for his height and is fast also with lots of pass rushing experience.

Remember Saban's scale, if a player projected higher falls he drafts BPA even if Wimberly is there. Saban is about bringing value to the team.Maybe lawson falls and we pick him. Im sure Saban spoke to all the players on how they would be used.....

I'd prefer Wimbley however he's probably gone at 12. There's so many directions this pick can go. Even Cromartie wouldn't be bad pick.

FinAtic8480 said:
Remember Saban's scale, if a player projected higher falls he drafts BPA even if Wimberly is there. Saban is about bringing value to the team.Maybe lawson falls and we pick him. Im sure Saban spoke to all the players on how they would be used.....

I've heard that Miami considers Lawson a late first round pick.

I'd love to see Wimbley in Miami. He is from my hometown here in Wichita. The kid has alot of upside.

Back
Top Bottom