Dolphins win over the Pats last year is a better victory than the 'Miami Miricale' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins win over the Pats last year is a better victory than the 'Miami Miricale'

The only two games that really have mattered in Dolphin history have been the two wins in the Super Bowl. The goal of every NFL team is to win the championship and while a win here or there might seem special at the time. Unless the wins end up with the team getting to and winning the SB, nothing else matters. Every year in the NFL when the season is over, there is one winner and 31 losers.
A5864B8A-9530-4828-B2AE-D34696FEC048.jpeg

The only two games that really have mattered in Dolphin history have been the two wins in the Super Bowl. The goal of every NFL team is to win the championship and while a win here or there might seem special at the time. Unless the wins end up with the team getting to and winning the SB, nothing else matters. Every year in the NFL when the season is over, there is one winner and 31 losers.

This is like someone starting a conversation about which is better, pepperoni or bacon on pizza...and then someone raising his hand and yelling “PIZZA SUCKS!”

Well yeah the most recent win meant more because it damaged the Pats play off run and we won in NE which we hadn’t done since the late Tony Sparano (RIP coach) and the wildcat.

Was it as dramatic? Hell no but yes it was a bigger win.

The “Miami Miracle” was just a fluke play. Kudos to the team for keeping it close enough to be able to win it on the final play, but it wasn’t the same as going up to NE, playing solidly all around, and winning a game against a team that had a first round bye on the line.

This team outplayed New England the day of the Miami miracle and it was just a bad series that put us behind there. Yeah the fact that the team crapped the bed after that diminishes the accomplishment in the long run, but its just wrong to act like we didn't play well for much of that game. This was a typically powerful NE team we were playing, and to even be within a fluke play of scoring means you played a pretty good game. They weren't the shell of a team we played last year that everyone could tell wasn't the NE team of old.

Still that win last year was bigger. It was the game that ended a dynasty. It was the last regular season game of the Bellichek-Brady era and them losing that one directly lead to them losing a bye, facing an opponent that could kick their ***, and resulting in a divorce. As far as I remember that was also on the road last year. And the difference between the two teams plan for the season, one in which we were outscored by 100 points in the first two games, one at the hands of NE, was tremendous, making the win that more shocking, memorable, and meaningful.

Sad to say one of my favorite games to think back on is that 2004 MNF comeback which, at least at the time, was the biggest W-L upset in history.

Both are meaningless and both are situations only a win starved fanbase could look for a silver lining in.

What a travesty for this franchise. And a complete let down for people who grew up watching consequential games.

Not meaningless at all. That upset made rounds across the league and very well may have been the impetus for numerous free agents to come here, believing they could buy in to what we were doing just months after players were demanding their way out and we were the laughing stock of the league.

It also brought a close to one of the greatest dynasties on sports history. Sports history! This was the miracle on ice of football and it will be talked about for years because of its place in the Brady-Bellichek saga. It began with Mo Lewis and Drew Bledsoe and ended with the Dolphins.

Not meaningless at all. That upset made rounds across the league and very well may have been the impetus for numerous free agents to come here, believing they could buy in to what we were doing just months after players were demanding their way out and we were the laughing stock of the league.

It also brought a close to one of the greatest dynasties on sports history. Sports history! This was the miracle on ice of football and it will be talked about for years because of its place in the Brady-Bellichek saga. It began with Mo Lewis and Drew Bledsoe and ended with the Dolphins.

Nice theory.

I just think you give Davie far more credit than they deserve. A overreaction in my opinion. KC should get far more credit in bringing down the NE reign, in my opinion. Or the Texans.

I'm a fan of the miami miracle more. That'll get replayed on Dolphins highlights for years like the Leon Lett snow game, Marino fake spike, etc.

Last year's win actually didn't even feel like a surprise because the whole Pat's team looked old and shot by the end of the season.

12/29/19 shocked me about as much if not more. We played tough just figured Brady would find a way when it counted. Also, I figured they’d stop us with the game on the line. Basically I was happy with playing them tough and really didn’t think we would pull it out at any point. My mom kept texting me pictures of my dad, an avid pats fan, celebrating whenever the pats scored. I sent the last one .

OK then can we stop talking about meaningless wins? With this logic every win since 1973 has been meaningless so what’s the point. Are we going to debate over what meaningless wins are more maeningless?

If you are going to compare the 2 you have to also include late 2016 season win that cost them home field advantage and helped Peyton Manning secure his second SB win.

Really we have derailed their championship twice in those 3 seasons. The miracle was the least important. The 2016 win was the starting point with last years being the most important.

Well, one retired Gronk, and the other retired NE (potentially). I say enjoy them both!

Back
Top Bottom