Dolphins win over the Pats last year is a better victory than the 'Miami Miricale' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins win over the Pats last year is a better victory than the 'Miami Miricale'

Well some of us weren't alive to witness the Phins win a Superbowl so we have to settle for lesser stakes games that brought us excitement and entertainment.
Aren’t you glad there are posters here to tell us that the last 45 seasons of Dolphins football have been irrelevant? One wonders why they’ve stuck around.

It is better because it hurt the Patriots.

It cost us 1 spot in the Draft order which should not matter in the end.

If they lose to BOTH Philly and NE they would be sitting 3rd which would alleviate a lot of the anxiety the Tua faithful are feeling. ;)

100% agree, what Miami did in the Miami Miracle was comendable, because they refused to go down, and showed a lot of heart to the final second, BUT it was in Miami, in a game the Pats were not as desperate to win, and a HC's job, as well as a starting Qb job were on the line.

Last years game the Dolphins went into NE (Where very rarely the Pats lose), took on a Pats Team that desperately needed to win, and not only beat them again at the end of the game, but for most of the game actually looked more in control, then the Pats.....FAR more Impressive a game.

Oh, and forgot to the most important part, the team that beat the Pats in NE in 2019 was a stripped down rebuilding team that was not as talented as the one that played in 2018...If that does not make you excited with what we may see in 2020 (If we have Football), with a much more talented team, then I don't know what will.

Last edited:
Last game of 2019 is great because we helped them lose I think hahah. Who knows if they had a Wildcat bye week.

I know 5 years from now, people will still be talking about the Miami Miracle.

I dont know if many will be talking about the
time Miami upset NE on the road to close the season with 5 wins.

Ahhh, but which was more of a statement game about who our Dolphins really are and who they are going to be? Definitely the 2019 capper IMO. I think many of us will see it as a major turning point for the Dolphins because it signaled a confirmation of a well coordinated move toward winning TEAM concepts and confidence.

As much as I loved the win in New England there was nothing better than watching Brady walk to the sideline with that smug grin after his final TD drive in Miami. Then we score in the final seconds.
Wiping that smile off his face was more satisfying than a win in New England in my book.

**** that.

That one play was more exciting than about the last 20 years of Dolphins history.

Rather more interesting than a regular season win over a weak roster which had already made the plaoyoffs

I know 5 years from now, people will still be talking about the Miami Miracle.

I dont know if many will be talking about the
time Miami upset NE on the road to close the season with 5 wins.
See and I would make the case that only Miami fans will be talking about it. Other football fans? Not so much.

Honestly it that can be said for both wins.

Miami fans treat the Miami Miracle like it is the equivalent of the Pats 28-3, when it is not. Not by a long shot.

**** that.

That one play was more exciting than about the last 20 years of Dolphins history.

Rather more interesting than a regular season win over a weak roster which had already made the plaoyoffs

flashier -> Miami Miracle
more impressive -> 2019

i wouldn't even say the Miami Miracle was more exciting. we scored the gw TD in 2019 with 0:29 to play and KC iced the game against the Chargers within the same minute

The win in December 2019 reminded me a bit of the 2017 win with Cutler on MNF. Miami set the pace early and even with the Pats showing a sliver of "oh here comes the Pats", they never were able to really put forth that NE effort we are all used to and Miami fends them off. I will take a complete game with a win vs NE over a good effort game with a fluke play at the end.

I thoroughly enjoyed them both.

Nothing in sports has ever topped the miami miracle for me. I didn’t even care if we won or lost the last game of a season we were 4-11 in

Back
Top Bottom