Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray.

And let's not forget about the risk of playing a 200lbs, 5'10'' QB behind a line with 1 starter. Sure, he might be as elusive as Russell. Or we might Carr him just like we did to Tannehill.

Throw out the 5'10 stuff. That is a legit concern for any size QB we bring in.

No...I get your point...but I also don't want to give up anything for Murray. Trading up to get him would be way too costly - we need to stay the course and fill holes. If he drops to 13 then take him but otherwise take the BPA who fills one of our many needs. Guys need to get over the oversell picks/overbuy players mentality...it hasn't served us well at all....and, in fact, has led in part to our demise as a decent football team (amongst other errors).

I've never advocated trading up for Murray.

There are no risks. Eagles moved up from 13 to 2, gave up 2 firsts, 1 second, 1 third, and two players, Kiko and Maxwell. So they lost players and picks, and they got better. Even with Wentz going down with injuries two years in a row, there was no risk.
There is no risk. The goal is to get the QB, at all cost. That is the #1 thing in a rebuild. And there are no risks, just something that has to be done.

Luckily for us there are good quarterbacks in the draft, and it is not 2013. There is opportunity, and there are no risks, it has to be done. It does not matter which quarterback of the three, Murray, Haskins, Lock.

Here is what Howie Roseman said when they traded to #2:

"Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said the team planned to take a quarterback - presumably either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz - with the No. 2 pick. The Rams are expected to select one of the two with the No. 1 overall pick.

Roseman said he was not sure which quarterback would be available at No. 2, but that he was comfortable with both players.

"We're very sure we're going to get the player we want," Roseman said in a news conference."

Philly spent several years prior to that move building up their team though. They didn’t just commit to a rebuild and throw picks to move up for a QB.

Had one fell into their lap during their initial build, or within reason, they would of taken a guy, but they weren’t going to destroy 2 drafts just to move up for a QB and have no foundation to surround him with.

Getting a QB at all cost would be foolish in our scenario.

Getting a QB within reason is the proper approach in 2019.

Philly spent several years prior to that move building up their team though. They didn’t just commit to a rebuild and throw picks to move up for a QB.

Had one fell into their lap during their initial build, or within reason, they would of taken a guy, but they weren’t going to destroy 2 drafts just to move up for a QB and have no foundation to surround him with.

Getting a QB at all cost would be foolish in our scenario.

Getting a QB within reason is the proper approach in 2019.

And by overpaying now, you're absolutely making sure your rookie QB will by surrounded by crap for 3 of his 5 rookie contract years... At least try to provide the rook with a decent OL so that even in losses there's a learning experience, as opposed to a FML experience...

If Murray doesn't come off the board at #1, I'd want our team ready to move aggressively (very) to get him.

So tired of this one foot in one foot out approach.

Incorrect, there was nothing particularly special about Philly, they were picking #13 like we are. They came out of Chip Kelly era who was known as a great demolitioner.

They DID just commit to FULL REBUILD. They THREW AWAY both players and picks to get to #2, and get a NEW QB. And they also got a NEW DC. That is a Full Rebuild, they were redoing the QB and the defense, just like we are doing.
They JUST DID IT.

And that's what we need, someone who get things done at the GM spot.

Incorrect, there was nothing particularly special about Philly, they were picking #13 like we are. They came out of Chip Kelly era who was known as a great demolitioner.

They DID just commit to FULL REBUILD. They THREW AWAY both players and picks to get to #2, and get a NEW QB. And they also got a NEW DC. That is a Full Rebuild, they were redoing the QB and the defense, just like we are doing.
They JUST DID IT.

And that's what we need, someone who get things done at the GM spot.

OMG You mean they found a sucke... I mean team to take on Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso to aid them moving up in the draft.

Tannnbaum doesn’t work here anymore.

When Philly won the Super Bowl, 6 of their 9 players on the trenches were drafted by them in Round 1 or 2.

It wasn’t a rebuild more than it was a retooling of getting rid of Chip Kellys failed acquisitions and add smarter pieces in FA.

That enabled them to go after the QB.

They had a foundation in place . . . .we do not. Our Oline has a great LT and literal **** everywhere else. Our DLine has 2 serviceable day 3 guys, a current first round bust and a guy we are likely trading.

Its not the same . . . Our GM is proving quite savvy so far in FA.

I agree with a couple of posts above. Sure it'd be great to have a top QB but a rookie QB on a horrible team is not a good way to go. You give a bunch of picks away and you have nothing to build with

OMG You mean they found a sucke... I mean team to take on Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso to aid them moving up in the draft.

Tannnbaum doesn’t work here anymore.

When Philly won the Super Bowl, 6 of their 9 players on the trenches were drafted by them in Round 1 or 2.

It wasn’t a rebuild more than it was a retooling of getting rid of Chip Kellys failed acquisitions and add smarter pieces in FA.

That enabled them to go after the QB.

They had a foundation in place . . . .we do not. Our Oline has a great LT and literal **** everywhere else. Our DLine has 2 serviceable day 3 guys, a current first round bust and a guy we are likely trading.

Its not the same . . . Our GM is proving quite savvy so far in FA.

I honestly don't get the idea of using a ton of resources on a QB then not giving him fighting chance to have success early on. Under the scenario of "2 1sts and 2 2nds" you are not only screwing over that QB year one, but also the next two years as you will have no real resources to help him. Look at what happen to Rosen and Darnold this year compared to Mayfield. Baker has a good o-line and a number of offensive weapons right out the gate...Rosen had trash paired with piles of ****.

I agree with the approach we are taking. Build a foundation then bring in the QB to a situation set up for him to have success.

If the cards don't bite he probably falls. Gettleman and Elway are the old-school guys. Gruden is trying to win/rebuild With Carr. There is a realistic chance he falls.

Not saying he isn't a smart choice but I doubt a new regime would be ready to pick their QB when they have been given year
Have to remember that Gruden loves quarterbacks and likely realizes he can only get so far with Carr. I think the Raiders are actually a team to watch for Haskins at #4.

Back
Top Bottom