Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray.

Idk why some fans still over value our draft picks as much as they do. I’d get it if we’ve routinely hit on our picks and get a super star in each draft, but man sometimes you just have to roll the dice. It’s like people automatically assume our 1st and 2nd round picks are going to be like OBJ. I’m pretty sure it’s likely it be more like Michael Egnew.

Miami clearly stated the team needed to be built from the ground up as what they had been doing isn’t working.

You don’t build a team missing 5 of the 6 most important draft picks the next 2 years.

And the reason why people value draft picks is because its the single biggest way to improve your roster without giving up contracts that are 5/75 to non elite players.

Its funny, we are ok with giving up draft picks because its no big deal we are getting Michael Egnew, but have confidence that the QB we do it for is the next superstar and not RG3.

Nah give yourself the best opportunity if thats the case. Take a flyer on McCarron and build up your team with those 3 picks you kept and next year you have a much better QB class and you have two additional picks you didn’t lose.

Funny how we conveniently don’t mention Xavian Howard in these 2nd round picks.

Give up a kings ransom for one player and you are at the mercy of that players success for a long, long time. If Kyler Murray doesn't work out for any one of a number of reasons such as he's just not as good at the NFL level as you think, he gets hurt, he gets clocked on a play and remembers that never happened while playing baseball, he figures out that an offensive line consisting of just one player won't cut it, etc, then we didn't just have a bad 2019 draft, but also a bad 2020, and possibly a bad 2021.

Miami clearly stated the team needed to be built from the ground up as what they had been doing isn’t working.

You don’t build a team missing 5 of the 6 most important draft picks the next 2 years.

And the reason why people value draft picks is because its the single biggest way to improve your roster without giving up contracts that are 5/75 to non elite players.

Its funny, we are ok with giving up draft picks because its no big deal we are getting Michael Egnew, but have confidence that the QB we do it for is the next superstar and not RG3.

Nah give yourself the best opportunity if thats the case. Take a flyer on McCarron and build up your team with those 3 picks you kept and next year you have a much better QB class and you have two additional picks you didn’t lose.

Funny how we conveniently don’t mention Xavian Howard in these 2nd round picks.

Yeah man X and Landry in the 2nd round, so that's like what 2 out of last 10. 20% chance of getting a Pro Bowl player in the 2nd round, not very good odds my friend.

Im on the Haskins train now. Murray is untouchable and from what I hear the Giants like Daniel Jones and they now have two first round picks and knowing Gettleman he doesn't reach for need and picks best player available, especially in top 10, he will make a safe pick at 6 and will probably take Jones at 17.

So it's a real possibility that Haskins makes it to us at 13 or at least close enough we can trade up a couple picks without giving up a crap ton of picks.

Giants could also trade for Rosen which would help us a lot.

Give up a kings ransom for one player and you are at the mercy of that players success for a long, long time..

Incorrect. No team that traded up and there have been some trades in recent years, is at the mercy of the player for a long, long time.
The Jets, the Bills, could select a QB next year. The Rams, the Eagles, could have switched QB last year, and can do it this year if need be.

Complete waste of time. We aren't getting him unless the cards value X and our 13 for the first pick, that's the only way we could get up there and that's probably no where near enough.

Incorrect. No team that traded up and there have been some trades in recent years, is at the mercy of the player for a long, long time.
The Jets, the Bills, could select a QB next year. The Rams, the Eagles, could have switched QB last year, and can do it this year if need be.

How many of those teams can't field a complete OL or DL? Because those draft picks for this and next draft mean we'll be living with FA cast offs for years. We also seem to be shy a starting corner or any depth back there.

So, while the Rams and eagles could walk from their QB, they have a team in place and would be OK -- no to not too many holes to fill. The Jets just went on a $100M spending binge, so they might be good with, or without, their QB. Who knows where the bills are.

But what's different about our team is, well, we seem to be missing the rest of the team.

And let's not forget about the risk of playing a 200lbs, 5'10'' QB behind a line with 1 starter. Sure, he might be as elusive as Russell. Or we might Carr him just like we did to Tannehill.

I get the whole “do whatever it takes if Murray is the guy” . . . .I am not giving up the first 2 days of the next 2 drafts. Nah man.

I rather be piss poor in 2019 and throw my hat in the 2020 ring and keep all my other picks.

I mean Murray in 2019 vs. Tua/Fromm/Herbert/breakout star . . . .plus my 2019 1, 2, 3 and my 2020 2 and 3. Really think this through. 2020 is a legit class, as an organization you wait on it even if you love Murray . . . .you don’t give up that haul. No way.

Its one thing to give up 13 and whats looking like a top 10 pick in 2020. That will be enough and Miami will negotiate that pick like its got top 10 weight.

You start talking bout the first two days of the next 2 years you have gone way past overpayment and overconviction.

Spot on. People talking this craziness will be the same people bemoaning not having draft picks next yr.

Banking on Tua is foolhardy.

He could get injured (knock on wood).

Other players could emerge that are better prospects.

Literally anything could happen between now and then.

No offense but your thinking is naive.....by the same logic Murray can get hurt before this season - in training camp, preseason or in the 1st game. These things have happened and will continue to and there's no guarding against it or planning for it. There are no guarantees and banking on anyone is foolhardy.

Mike Mayock is probably urging Gruden to take Murray. But Gruden will go with Gruden on QB's.

And let's not forget about the risk of playing a 200lbs, 5'10'' QB behind a line with 1 starter. Sure, he might be as elusive as Russell. Or we might Carr him just like we did to Tannehill.

There are no risks. Eagles moved up from 13 to 2, gave up 2 firsts, 1 second, 1 third, and two players, Kiko and Maxwell. So they lost players and picks, and they got better. Even with Wentz going down with injuries two years in a row, there was no risk.
There is no risk. The goal is to get the QB, at all cost. That is the #1 thing in a rebuild. And there are no risks, just something that has to be done.

Luckily for us there are good quarterbacks in the draft, and it is not 2013. There is opportunity, and there are no risks, it has to be done. It does not matter which quarterback of the three, Murray, Haskins, Lock.

Here is what Howie Roseman said when they traded to #2:

"Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said the team planned to take a quarterback - presumably either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz - with the No. 2 pick. The Rams are expected to select one of the two with the No. 1 overall pick.

Roseman said he was not sure which quarterback would be available at No. 2, but that he was comfortable with both players.

"We're very sure we're going to get the player we want," Roseman said in a news conference."

There are no risks. Eagles moved up from 13 to 2, gave up 2 firsts, 1 second, 1 third, and two players, Kiko and Maxwell. So they lost players and picks, and they got better. Even with Wentz going down with injuries two years in a row, there was no risk.
There is no risk. The goal is to get the QB, at all cost. That is the #1 thing in a rebuild. And there are no risks, just something that has to be done.

Luckily for us there are good quarterbacks in the draft, and it is not 2013. There is opportunity, and there are no risks, it has to be done. It does not matter which quarterback of the three, Murray, Haskins, Lock.

Here is what Howie Roseman said when they traded to #2:

"Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said the team planned to take a quarterback - presumably either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz - with the No. 2 pick. The Rams are expected to select one of the two with the No. 1 overall pick.

Roseman said he was not sure which quarterback would be available at No. 2, but that he was comfortable with both players.

"We're very sure we're going to get the player we want," Roseman said in a news conference."

I don't always agree with you but good stuff.

RG3.... the only thing that bailed them out was Cousins

No offense but your thinking is naive.....by the same logic Murray can get hurt before this season - in training camp, preseason or in the 1st game. These things have happened and will continue to and there's no guarding against it or planning for it. There are no guarantees and banking on anyone is foolhardy.
I agree with everything you said, but there's no way I'm putting all my eggs in the basket of one college quarterback as a target more than 13 months from now.

I agree with everything you said, but there's no way I'm putting all my eggs in the basket of one college quarterback as a target more than 13 months from now.

No...I get your point...but I also don't want to give up anything for Murray. Trading up to get him would be way too costly - we need to stay the course and fill holes. If he drops to 13 then take him but otherwise take the BPA who fills one of our many needs. Guys need to get over the oversell picks/overbuy players mentality...it hasn't served us well at all....and, in fact, has led in part to our demise as a decent football team (amongst other errors).

Back
Top Bottom