Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray.

I would be happy to get Murray, Lock or Haskins!

I bet everyone would be happy with Murray, Lock, or Haskins. The question is: at what cost?

What is the rational limit to the spend to get each one? If you believe they are each elite (Brady, Rodgers type ceiling), then there is almost not price too high. If you believe they are very good, but with exploitable downsides/limits (QB's NOT named Brady or Rodgers), then you have to have a walk away price.

I bet everyone would be happy with Murray, Lock, or Haskins. The question is: at what cost?

What is the rational limit to the spend to get each one? If you believe they are each elite (Brady, Rodgers type ceiling), then there is almost not price too high. If you believe they are very good, but with exploitable downsides/limits (QB's NOT named Brady or Rodgers), then you have to have a walk away price.

I am from the camp that believes the QB is the majority of what matters in this game... and if you feel really good about a prospect you get him and pay the price.

For me... I would be fine with trading up to the top to get Murray... I think we can get Lock by moving up to 8 or 9....and a 3rd, no more than a 2nd rounder would do that.

Those are the two QB’s I really like... I think Haskins is worth a shot at 13, I personally wouldn’t trade up for him.

He’s not smaller physically... height maybe...but he’s also very elusive in a Barry Sanders way in that he doesn’t take a lot of hits.
Exactly. Pat white is 2 inches taller but 10 pounds lighter then Murray. So Murray has more muscle to hold up to hits. Aand if I recall Russell Wilson is also "smaller" then Pat white

Exactly. Pat white is 2 inches taller but 10 pounds lighter then Murray. So Murray has more muscle to hold up to hits. Aand if I recall Russell Wilson is also "smaller" then Pat white
The fact that they are similar at all is concerning. I will never forget that Pat White hit. For a moment or two, I honestly wasn’t sure he survived it. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Murray loves to run, and that could lead to a very short career. I am not saying Miami shouldn’t take him if he is there, but I would be very hesitant to bet the whole draft on him.

I will point this out, as it has been pointed out before. I will preference that this is not a shot at Murray, who is clearly the best QB in this draft, but the difference between Wilson and Murray, is Wilson trimmed down a bit for the combine where Murray bulked up.

Now I don't think Murray will have too many issues in the NFL, as he has excellent feel in the pocket and he has exceptional agility and fluidity to escape the pressure, but Wilson is more naturally thick...I think Murray plays at 200 lbs or just below, at least year one.

Pat White when he played was 6-0 205. Murray is 5-10 195. Good point on Wilson

I think there is a lot of over thinking going on here.

I think it is pretty simple to figure this out. Free education for Matt Moore.

Matt Moore is being groomed as a potential scout. You will need his input when picking your next QB. He not only understands the physical and mental rigors of being a NFL QB, he also has had leadership and "it" qualities in spades most of his career. He has never lacked for confidence or answering the bell.

So while looking at 2020 and 2021 as the years you go get your QB, you will want your decision makers to have relative recent experience with recent draft picks to see what skills translate into the modern NFL.

This is a free case study for Matt Moore and the Dolphins. They can do a complete work up on Kyler Murray and others. Then in 2020 or 2021, compare the 2019 pre-draft measureables and rookie performances to see how those players transitioned into the NFL.

I think its a very shrewd usage of an elite prospect's and aspiring scout's time. It's a good education. Due diligence.

get the QB and get the DC.

Rest of roster is trivial
giphy.gif

Just not interested in this kid.

That is somewhat interesting. I wonder if Miami is considering a trade-up, or more likely just due diligence.

With Fitzpatrick here I think the trade up for Murray is a legit possibility.

With Fitzpatrick here I think the trade up for Murray is a legit possibility.

Or the other 2... I would love a tradeup to 8 or 9 for Drew Lock... shouldn’t cost more than a 3 this year...or a 2 next year.

I’ve watched every throw in 5 games last season so far... I see a future NFL Star.

Or the other 2... I would love a tradeup to 8 or 9 for Drew Lock... shouldn’t cost more than a 3 this year...or a 2 next year.

I’ve watched every throw in 5 games last season so far... I see a future NFL Star.

Murray would be incredible but I'm not as comfortable feeling that can happen though it would be the best.
Do see Haskins and Lock in our more reasonable range though I'd have no problem being unreasonable for Murray and like that idea you stated about Quinn as a tool to move up. I've moved Lock into my next preferred spot slightly over Haskins due to Haskins having a much more solid team around him and like what Lock did under more difficult circumstances...
But anyone of the three.
Don't think that he's got to be that super duper top of the NFL QB like to many in here are looking for, but more has all the essential tools of quality to be depended on, consistent and largely effective.
So not expecting a Dan Marino but more a Bob Griese quality

Oh ya really like McKenzie in their to help evaluate players

Back
Top Bottom