Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worked Out Kyler Murray.

Murray would be incredible but I'm not as comfortable feeling that can happen though it would be the best.
Do see Haskins and Lock in our more reasonable range though I'd have no problem being unreasonable for Murray and like that idea you stated about Quinn as a tool to move up. I've moved Lock into my next preferred spot slightly over Haskins due to Haskins having a much more solid team around him and like what Lock did under more difficult circumstances...
But anyone of the three.
Don't think that he's got to be that super duper top of the NFL QB like to many in here are looking for, but more has all the essential tools of quality to be depended on, consistent and largely effective.
So not expecting a Dan Marino but more a Bob Griese quality

Oh ya really like McKenzie in their to help evaluate players

Quinn absolutely has value to a 4-3 team needing an edge rusher.

With Fitzpatrick here I think the trade up for Murray is a legit possibility.

I can't even begin to imagine what it would cost to make the Cards consider giving up Murry. The kid makes me very nervous.

I can't even begin to imagine what it would cost to make the Cards consider giving up Murry. The kid makes me very nervous.
I don't think the cards want Murray. We'll see. Regardless moving up to 1 or 2 would probably take your 1 aand 2 in both 2019 and 2020. I think that's what your talking about giving up

I don't think the cards want Murray. We'll see. Regardless moving up to 1 or 2 would probably take your 1 aand 2 in both 2019 and 2020. I think that's what your talking about giving up
which is a lot to give up. I like Murray but you still need picks to build a team around him. Of course in 2020 we'll have 120mill in cap space so we could get some good free agents but they said they wanted to build thru the draft so we'll see.

which is a lot to give up. I like Murray but you still need picks to build a team around him. Of course in 2020 we'll have 120mill in cap space so we could get some good free agents but they said they wanted to build thru the draft so we'll see.

If we're going to give up that much to move to #1 based of the Cards not wanting him then why sign Fitz? You don't give up that much to then sit Murray on the bench. That doesn't make sense to me.

If we're going to give up that much to move to #1 based of the Cards not wanting him then why sign Fitz? You don't give up that much to then sit Murray on the bench. That doesn't make sense to me.
Cuz you don't wanna ruin your QB by forcing him to start day 1 I guess. Mahomes sat an entire year. Mayfield sat for what 8 games I think maybe a little less. If this team isn't good on the line to protect your future QB you don't force him to play.

Read somewhere that we would have to give up at least (2)1st (1) 2nd and (1) 3rd to move up to number 1 (at a minimum).

Based on this looking at our last 2 drafts, would you trade:

Charles Harris (1st rd, 2017), Raekwon McMillan (2017, 2nd rd), Minkah Fitzpatrick (1st rd, 2018), and Jerome Baker (3rd rd, 2018)

For Kyler Murray?? I know I would.
I would trade all 53 guys for a franchise QB. Then patch up FAs and AAF players until next season.

Mahomes w 52 guys off of the street would still have been a playoff team last year. Go get your QB and worry about the rest after that.

Cuz you don't wanna ruin your QB by forcing him to start day 1 I guess. Mahomes sat an entire year. Mayfield sat for what 8 games I think maybe a little less. If this team isn't good on the line to protect your future QB you don't force him to play.

Okay, I can't argue with any of that. Draft day should be very interesting.

I don’t think Murray falls past the Cards. In fact I think Kingsbury was hired under the pretense he would draft Murray and trade Rosen. He fits his offense and approach exactly as needed. Would explain why AZ took a chance on a coach with zero NFL experience. They want the full college approach and Murray allows that to happen a lot faster then trying to fit Rosen into an offense he wasn’t drafted for.

Exactly.

And they'll find out whats what in camp. If it's obvious Murray is not ready, let him sit for a year. There is no rush. Most don't expect us to be competitive until '21 anyway.

We would have the quintessential journeyman QB to step in while our future matures on the sideline.

As mentioned by Danny, we then milk that cap to put weapons around a starting in 2020 Murray.

Ugh...can we just suck officially for a couple seasons so we can get Trevor Lawrence and be contenders for 10 years?

Back
Top Bottom