Dolphins Workout Collins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Workout Collins

Collins would be our starter until we get one in the draft. Give me a break with Laird or Gaskins. I combo of Swift/Collins would be nice.

Last edited:
I remember him having fumbling issues for some reason ...I could be mistaking him for someone else but that's the immediate thought that popped into my head with him. He got demoted for fumbling and Buck Allen took over for him.
Had 9 fumbles (6 lost) on 406 touches so 1 every 45, top RBs fumble about 1 every 120 touches so yep that does seem that ball security is an issue

here is the counter to that though, said player becomes a part of our offense just like walton had, and you cut someone else etc and then he gets hit again with suspension, I think you must take that into consideration.

Not really. If he was cut because of Collins' arrival, he was going to be cut by someone else they brought in. You're overthinking it.

Our RB room is bare right now. We'll most likely be looking to the draft, but having someone with real NFL experience in the interim is a major plus. I don't think he'd break the bank either.

I think you missed when I said for now. I fully expect the RB core to be improved but cannot tell the future so if Collins is signed that is how I would imagine the rotation would be.
I wouldn't mind us replacing LAIRD with EKELER. Definite upgrade!

I'm sure they'll get a mid level, young free agent, draft a guy in the late 2nd or 3rd round. Then there's the undrafted free agents. Size can be added if the player is smaller.

If he has vision and a good knowledge of what is going on during every play, then I'm sure that's the type of player he wants. The hope is that this coaching staff will do a better job of teaching and overall development.

IMO he;s worth having on a 90 man roster granted he's still in NFL shape

I remember @ckparrothead talking up Chris Streveler. Kid plays like a fullback/QB.
I watched every snap can’t throw and runs upright he thinks he is Joe Burrow of the CFL. - the Blue Bombers will sign him after he is passed over this off-season

Joe Burrow footwork not arm

I don’t kno what CK would be talking about??? Weird sauce to be talking up this kid who has a big heart but lacks the intangibles

Chris was the back up and change of pace QB - ran short yardage - when the Bombers lost their starter they had a 7-2 win cushion when Chris started they lost all momentum and had to swing a last hour trade for a QB who had touch and could keep a D honest

Their running game proved unstoppable on the cold windy prairies in Oct - the bombers won the Grey Cup for the first time in 28 years but not without the last hour acquisition Zach Collaros - who just resigned with WPG this week

Last edited:
:lol: Laird is average if you're being kind.

Laird and Gaskins were both better than Ballage (he sucked). That said, they're not the power RB type. IMO, their lack of a decent running game was due to their pathetic o-line that couldn't block.

I watched every snap can’t throw and runs upright he thinks he is Joe Burrow of the CFL. - the Blue Bombers will sign him after he is passed over this off-season

Joe Burrow footwork not arm

I don’t kno what CK would be talking about??? Weird sauce to be talking up this kid who has a big heart but lacks the intangibles

Chris was the back up and change of pace QB - ran short yardage - when the Bombers lost their starter they had a 7-2 win cushion when Chris started they lost all momentum and had to swing a last hour trade for a QB who had touch and could keep a D honest

Their running game proved unstoppable on the cold windy prairies in Oct - the bombers won the Grey Cup for the first time in 28 years but not without the last hour acquisition Zach Collaros - who just resigned with WPG this week

Chris Streveler won’t be signing with Mia - which is a good thing Streveler is not very good at limiting his TOs even for a running QB

I like Chris he has the leadership qualities of Jay Fiedler while he tries to run through every wall - he lacks the actual ability To read a D and the intangibles just like Jay

He was released by WPG his CFL team - to pursue his NFL dream of being a Tim Tebow-esque QB in the NFL he expects to sign and receive 100 k guaranteed by Arizona

However CFL Bomber fans expect Chris to come back to the Team later this year

I would be excited if we did the sign Collins - he carries the ball with authority even if he coughs it up some

Back
Top Bottom