Dolphins workout Frye | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins workout Frye

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Dolphins | Hold Private Workout for Akron's Frye
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:11:07 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Miami Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins conducted a private workout with Akron's QB Charlie Frye Thursday, March 24, according to the Next Level Scouting draft service.

we are just looking at our options. Ive NEVER seen a QB drafted in the later rounds do real well, (well, except Tom Brady). I think if we dont take a QB in the 1st round, then whoever we take in the later rounds will be pretty worthless.

Now, as for QBs......who do u think is better? Matt Leinart or Alex Smith

ItalianDolFan said:
we are just looking at our options. Ive NEVER seen a QB drafted in the later rounds do real well, (well, except Tom Brady). I think if we dont take a QB in the 1st round, then whoever we take in the later rounds will be pretty worthless.

What about Matt Hasselbeck 6th rd, Aaron Brooks fourth rd, Marc Bulger 6th rd. There are plenty of stating QBs in the NFl who were late round picks and are quite good.

ItalianDolFan said:

Warner....Johnson.....too many to list have faired better than most 1st rounders lately.....when you have a 30% success rating in the use of a first round pick for a QB....your playing russian roulette...with your team. Better to find that hidden player in a later round.

#13FinsFan said:
What about Matt Hasselbeck 6th rd, Aaron Brooks fourth rd, Marc Bulger 6th rd. There are plenty of stating QBs in the NFl who were late round picks and are quite good.

Matt Hasselbeck is good. Marc Bulger was only real good for his first year, after that he slowed down. Aaron Brooks is NOT what i call good.

Bulger has been solid every year, including last year, they were really bad when he was hurt. yes he had a couple bad games but so did many others. Hell Brady had a horrible game against us.

Bulger had his best season last year. Look at the stats. And he's actually improved every year. Also Brooks passed for 3800 yds last seasson and 21 TDs. I would consider that good. What Dolphin fan wouldn't want a QB with those numbers on our team?

ItalianDolFan said:

You are clueless, but I'll indulge the Charlie Frye discussion with- He may have the best potential and best future of any QB in this draft.

fishypete said:
Warner....Johnson.....too many to list have faired better than most 1st rounders lately.....when you have a 30% success rating in the use of a first round pick for a QB....your playing russian roulette...with your team. Better to find that hidden player in a later round.

Warner wasnt drafted in the late rounds.

if u look at Matt Leinart's stats, he is definetely someone to wait to get. I want Alex Smith, because next year we most likely WONT have the 1st pick. Whoever has the 1st pick is gonna draft Matt Leinart. But if we could find a way to get the 1st pick next year, Matt Leinart is perfect. Look at the guy's stats, he is the next Peyton Manning for sure. But seeing we wont have the 1st pick, its best to get a franchise qb NOW.

Difference between Matt Leinart and Alex Smith is...Matt is taller and bigger. Matt played BETTER teams, had BETTER stats, and isnt going into the NFL as a junior...hes gonna give it one more year. I think Leinart is worth waiting for, but to you guys who say "dont draft Smith"...do u REALLY think we can draft Leinart next year???

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=120511

The list of late round gems that fail is much, much larger. If you gamble on finding the hidden gem, odds are you'll end up with nothing.

ItalianDolFan said:
if u look at Matt Leinart's stats, he is definetely someone to wait to get. I want Alex Smith, because next year we most likely WONT have the 1st pick. Whoever has the 1st pick is gonna draft Matt Leinart. But if we could find a way to get the 1st pick next year, Matt Leinart is perfect. Look at the guy's stats, he is the next Peyton Manning for sure. But seeing we wont have the 1st pick, its best to get a franchise qb NOW.

Difference between Matt Leinart and Alex Smith is...Matt is taller and bigger. Matt played BETTER teams, had BETTER stats, and isnt going into the NFL as a junior...hes gonna give it one more year. I think Leinart is worth waiting for, but to you guys who say "dont draft Smith"...do u REALLY think we can draft Leinart next year???

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=120511

Leinart also had a much better supporting cast. He doesn't have a stronger arm than Smith, is less smart and athletic and isn't as accurate.

Back
Top Bottom