Dolphins Worst Moves of 2022/23 Season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worst Moves of 2022/23 Season

🔥 🔥 🔥
A few “crisis-avoided“ non-moves by Grier:
  • Hiring Kellen Moore or Vance Joseph
  • Signing JC Tretter (C) despite injury
  • Signing La’el Collins (T) to a big contract
  • Drafting Ariata, The Punt God
What other ones am I missing?
Heh!
I'm always curious when these things explode. I want to go back into the old threads and see which posters threw tantrums, which posters claimed 'Grier was an idiot for not signing... blag blah blah'

But I'm lazy.

Agree. On occasion maybe drop them, but I'd prefer both to rush the passer. Put it this way, I don't think the 49ers ever dropped Nick Bosa into coverage.

Not comparing Chubb to Bosa, but clearly his best ability is getting after the quarterback.
While I agree I would rather see Chubb rushing the QB than dropping into coverage. Chubb and and Bosa don’t play the same position.

Chubb plays outside LB for the Dolphins while Bosa plays DE for the 49ers. It is common for LB’s in the NFL to drop into pass cover during a game but rarely are DE’s dropped into pass coverage.

Perhaps the next DC will utilize Chubb and Phillips differently but as long as they are playing the outside LB positions and not the DE position, I would imagine they both will be utilized in pass coverage from time to time.,

#1- Our Idiot Owners ego costing us a 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

#2- A questionable trade of our second 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

#3- Signing Chase Edmunds, just for variety.

Next
#1 This seems like it was more Beal than Ross being that Beal is now gone.

#2 I like the fact that we went all in. Some here need to realize that Chubb will never be Bosa or Watt but he is a pro bowl caliber player. Our pass rush improved immensely after the trade. This is also considered a weak draft.

#3 100% agree on Edmunds.

While I agree I would rather see Chubb rushing the QB than dropping into coverage. Chubb and and Bosa don’t play the same position.

Chubb plays outside LB for the Dolphins while Bosa plays DE for the 49ers. It is common for LB’s in the NFL to drop into pass cover during a game but rarely are DE’s dropped into pass coverage.

Perhaps the next DC will utilize Chubb and Phillips differently but as long as they are playing the outside LB positions and not the DE position, I would imagine they both will be utilized in pass coverage from time to time.,
Right. I wonder if both should be DE's. Neither seem great in coverage.

#1 This seems like it was more Beal than Ross being that Beal is now gone.

#2 I like the fact that we went all in. Some here need to realize that Chubb will never be Bosa or Watt but he is a pro bowl caliber player. Our pass rush improved immensely after the trade. This is also considered a weak draft.

#3 100% agree on Edmunds.
I agree it was probably more Beal than Ross because Beal and Brady are suppose to be close friends. The fact Ross immediately changed future ownership of the Dolphins to his daughter instead of Beal seemed to imply he was blaming Beal too.

Yet as the owner, he obviously is responsible for the actions of the people under him and I tend to believe he was fully aware of the meetings with both Brady and Payton.

Right. I wonder if both should be DE's. Neither seem great in coverage.
I guess that will be determined by the next DC and what defense he wants to run and how both Chubb and Phillips fit into that defense.

Boyer only had one DE position listed on his depth chart. This position was filled by Ogbah and then Sieler after Ogbah went on IR. The other two DL positions were listed as NT and DT.

Chubb and Phillips would mostly line up in what is considered a DE position on passing downs but because they were used as LB’s instead of DE’s in the Dolphins system, they were required to drop into pass coverage on occasion instead of pass rushing.

#1- Our Idiot Owners ego costing us a 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

#2- A questionable trade of our second 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

#3- Signing Chase Edmunds, just for variety.

Next
Asking your opinion?

Chubb is 26... geez... 26!
If he can remain healthy (and he played through a high ankle sprain for us), he can be our new Jason Taylor.
Why anyone would question obtaining a young star player at such a premium position just BOGGLES the mind.
I'll never understand these guys who bitch and whine whenever a player plays at less than a HOF level on every play. I mean... are they that unrelentingly negative throughout the rest of their lives?
Hell... we paid way less for Chubb than what we gave up for Hill... or even Waddle.
Please stop making sense!

Yup, the patented Grier special. Make some incredible moves like getting Tyreek and signing Connor Williams, but then follow that with some brain dead moves like Edmunds and Wilson, and to a lesser extent Chubb.
I’d be fine moving on from Grier, but at least Tyreek and Armstead came after Edmonds and Wilson, so at least Grier went for bigger moves later. I remember when people were applauding the Edmonds and Wilson moves as our big moves and game changers for the Dolphins. Ugh.

The Chubb move is TBD, IMHO. But I like the aggressiveness of the move.

Back
Top Bottom