Dolphins Worst Moves of 2022/23 Season | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worst Moves of 2022/23 Season

Hell... I really liked the Edmonds move, and I still can't figure out why he was so bad here.
Look at his stats from Denver... they are pretty good. He averaged 4.8 yards per carry there.
When he was here, it almost looked like he ran to the wrong spot on every play, on purpose.
The only thing I can figure is that he just didn't 'get' the offense, because he isn't a bad player, even though he was here.
I think the coaches lost confidence in him and once they did, he wasn’t given the opportunity to overcome his slow start. The Dolphins OL and its inability to run block was also a big issue when he was with the Dolphins.

As you point out, he was very effective with the Broncos and he was also an effective RB for the Cardinals prior to signing with the Dolphins. So it appears that the issue was more the Dolphins OL and the offensive system than it was Edmonds.

#1- Our Idiot Owners ego costing us a 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

#2- A questionable trade of our second 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

#3- Signing Chase Edmunds, just for variety.

Next
The funny thing is Ross lied to everyone back when we were tanking and said “why would Tom Brady want to come here”. Then he gets busted for tampering. You can’t make this stuff up. So tired of this abject failure.

#1- Our Idiot Owners ego costing us a 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

#2- A questionable trade of our second 1st round pick in the best draft in many a year.

Next
I’m going to give one more season a chance to develop before I judge the Chubb trade one way or another.

Chubb for a late first AND a big contract. If it was just the first, and he was on a lower cost contract, it might be worth it. If we'd picked him up on free agency at the current contract, then maybe it's worth it. It's the combo that I strongly dislike. I only like doing that for truly game changing talent, and Chubb is not a game changing talent, he's a solid player at best.
That’s fair

I do think he’s not as good as a I thought he would be coming out of college.

But I hope there is a corner to turn

Hell... I really liked the Edmonds move, and I still can't figure out why he was so bad here.
Look at his stats from Denver... they are pretty good. He averaged 4.8 yards per carry there.
When he was here, it almost looked like he ran to the wrong spot on every play, on purpose.
The only thing I can figure is that he just didn't 'get' the offense, because he isn't a bad player, even though he was here.
I liked the Edmonds move as a secondary type move. I just never saw it as a game changing type move or one that really moved the needle as far as the Dolphins catching up to the contending teams talent wise. Same with Cedric Wilson.

NFL should come up w NFL team getting out off bad contract rules Russell Wilson contract for example. These QB are getting paid way too much.. tier 2 QB should not get more than 25 million. Or any players.

Why does everyone keep saying “it was more Beal’s fault than Ross” regarding the loss of the draft pick? What are we basing this off of? I don’t know anything about Beal, but I know Ross has a huge track record for being an idiot. I’m leaning towards Beal being used as the fall guy just based on Ross’ record of doing stupid ****…

I think the coaches lost confidence in him and once they did, he wasn’t given the opportunity to overcome his slow start. The Dolphins OL and its inability to run block was also a big issue when he was with the Dolphins.

As you point out, he was very effective with the Broncos and he was also an effective RB for the Cardinals prior to signing with the Dolphins. So it appears that the issue was more the Dolphins OL and the offensive system than it was Edmonds.
I remember Edmonds saying…

“I wanted to play for Coach McDaniel because the outside zone scheme intrigued me,” he said during his recent media availability. “I felt like that’s something I could really do with my skill set. I feel like it fits my abilities and it’s something that once I get a grasp of, I’ll be an expert at it.”

…and thinking Edmonds better get a grasp of it in preseason or it might not end well.

No one can dispute that Chubb is a good- very good player. I agree with those calling out his contract as we are headed down a bad spot in cap space with A QB high contract coming.

However, I said questionable trade because of this draft which is absolutely loaded. There are likely 5 QBs going in the first, 7-8 legit first round CBs, 6 edge, 5 OTs, 2-3 TEs, etc,etc. There would have been top cheap talent available late and SF did not look like a SB contender when we made the deal.

Dolphins worst moves…..
Gesicki’s Griddy. Boy can’t dance, someone on the team should have taught him some moves,
wasn’t sure if he was celebrating or had to pee really bad!

Next
Cubb

Though I do think Edmunds lost his confidence at some point and was virtually unplayable towards the end of his tenure

Back
Top Bottom