Dolphins' Xavien Howard Omitted From Athlon Sports' Top-50 Nfl Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Xavien Howard Omitted From Athlon Sports' Top-50 Nfl Players

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_10474472.jpg

Few NFL defenders have been able to make as many splash plays over the last two seasons than Miami Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard. Howard, who has 11 interceptions and 25 passes defensed over the last two years with the Dolphins despite missing 4 games, is one of just 20 NFL defenders in the history of the league to tally more than 10 interceptions and 20 passes defensed in years 2 and 3 of their respective careers.

In short, his play has been phenomenal. The ball production is a rare treat, not something NFL fans are accustomed to seeing on a yearly basis. Add in Howard’s shiny new contract and surely Howard is going to begin getting the recognition he deserves, right?

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...mitted-from-athlon-sports-top-50-nfl-players/

I agree with that, he needs better man to man numbers before hes considered a top CB. Easily a top 2 ballhawk in the NFL though.

What are you basing this opinion on?

His man to man #s are not as good as his zone numbers, he is easily the best zone, play the ball CB in the NFL.

8 DBs better than X IMO are.

Jalen Ramsey
Patrick Peterson
Kyle Fuller (Although you can argue he's better than him and it's is very close)
Jamal Adams
Derwin James
Darius Slay
Aqib Talib
AJ Boyue (Same as Kyle Fuller, real close)

The link said DB, not CB. X is a top 5 overall CB in the NFL, but not DB.

Athlon's top 50 doesn't mean anything. It's just one publication's opinion and it doesn't have any real bearing on anything. X proves his value every week on the field. He has a lot more proof of his abilities in the bank. He's a great Miami Dolphin player and only getting better and this new coaching group will only elevate an already amazing player. He'll be in Pro Bowls for years.

I don't understand why people get so upset one way or the other over all these list that the media makes. It doesn't matter to me if they rank him first or last. The only thing that matters is what he does on the field.

Back
Top Bottom