Dolphins' Xavien Howard Omitted From Athlon Sports' Top-50 Nfl Players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Xavien Howard Omitted From Athlon Sports' Top-50 Nfl Players

Aqib talib is pretty close to done. Darius slay doesn’t have xs consistency cause he doesn’t have xs technique. He’s good but over x as a boundary nah.

Patrick Peterson’s good but I swear the hype has always been better than the tape. In terms of top 3 year in year out talk.

The fuller stuff doesn’t make sense to me. Over x? Can’t do it.

Jamal Adams is a good strong safety but again over x in terms of who is more valuable? Nah.

Most underrated corner in football is Casey Hayward. Or at least he has been

Talent wise he is there just has to stay healthy a full season

His man to man #s are not as good as his zone numbers, he is easily the best zone, play the ball CB in the NFL. The link said DB, not CB. X is a top 5 overall CB in the NFL, but not DB.

Jalen Ramsey - okay
Patrick Peterson - no, it's not 2016.
Kyle Fuller - okay
Jamal Adams - no, solid safety...not even top three at his position.
Derwin James - okay, would never put a guy that high after one season...no matter how good his rookie year was
Darius Slay - okay
Aqib Talib - no, again...it's not 2016.
AJ Boyue - okay

Athlon's top 50 doesn't mean anything. It's just one publication's opinion and it doesn't have any real bearing on anything. X proves his value every week on the field. He has a lot more proof of his abilities in the bank. He's a great Miami Dolphin player and only getting better and this new coaching group will only elevate an already amazing player. He'll be in Pro Bowls for years.

You're making me feel like he won't come close to living up to the contract. The Dolphins haven't been great talent evaluators for the last....20 years?

I like Howard, when he is on the field. However he has had one healthy season in the middle of a season he missed over half his games, and the most recent a quarter of his games. He has shown awesome flashes of greatness when on the field....but has been off of it a quarter of his career so far. Dude needs to stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom