Dominik Considers Dolphins one of three teams with a "real shot" at landing Suh | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dominik Considers Dolphins one of three teams with a "real shot" at landing Suh

If you can get an all-time great in his prime..you f'ing go get him......nuff said

And give up our lock on 8-8 seasons? Pffft! No thanks. Signing an all-time great player is a great way to lose our stranglehold on mediocrity so that's the last thing we should do.. The thing we need to do is sign players of average talent. If we do that, we may never be great but we'll never suck either, and in the end isn't that what we really want ...to just not suck.

yes, this is snark.

Rule of thumb is you shouldnt over pay for FAs and build through the draft... But it doesnt apply to talent like Suh when it hits FA in its prime... This rarely ever happens so when it does you pounce on it!

Even if we could afford Suh, Principal Philbin would not allow it.

You do know Phil in has no power about who is signed, drafted, cut or traded, right?

He can have an opinion, but, that's it. And once he sees suh smashing tom bradys face in and decleating their rb's, his opinion will soften.

And this is all innuendo anyways and Philbin is probably on board. Ndomikon Suh and Shelton or Brown next to him? Dang!!! Teams better hope they can pass cuz they sure arnt going to run!!

And give up our lock on 8-8 seasons? Pffft! No thanks. Signing an all-time great player is a great way to lose our stranglehold on mediocrity so that's the last thing we should do.. The thing we need to do is sign players of average talent. If we do that, we may never be great but we'll never suck either, and in the end isn't that what we really want ...to just not suck.

yes, this is snark.

I know your being sarcastic,but as a long time Dolphin's fan...8-8 is sucking

Say goodbye to Ellerbe, Wheeler, Starks and Odrick and bring on SUH! Then draft a couple more young DT prospects in the later rounds and start a Dline consisting of Suh, Vernon, Wake and Mitchell. This can be done. Do it Ross. Do IT!!!

It would be hilarious turning up in Buffalo and NY with Suh on board after all the hype we hear about how nasty the Bills and Jets are. Hi fellas, meet Ndamukong.

Sadly, this just doesn't work. We have so many needs that I can't see it. I'd love for us to be in a spot where we can just go big for the best FA but we need help at LB, OL, WR, the secondary and then we've got Tannehill's contract coming up on top. Non-starter for me.

Suh will come to Miami and "get soft"...just like seemingly all of the other high-profile FA's that have signed with Miami.

Suh will come to Miami and "get soft"...just like seemingly all of the other high-profile FA's that have signed with Miami.

What players have become soft?

There have been issue with drafting soft players...

Say goodbye to Ellerbe, Wheeler, Starks and Odrick and bring on SUH! Then draft a couple more young DT prospects in the later rounds and start a Dline consisting of Suh, Vernon, Wake and Mitchell. This can be done. Do it Ross. Do IT!!!

i have a feeling we will keep odrick and cut mitchell

Which guys got soft? Honest question. I mean a big criticism that can be made is the fact that we have given out huge contracts to guys who shouldn't get that type of money (Gibril Wilson, Phillip Wheeler, Richard Marshall kind of sort of) but aside from Ellerbe, I can't think of a "bigger" fa signing we've made recently where the player just flat out failed. Closest I can think is LJ Shelton.

It would be hilarious turning up in Buffalo and NY with Suh on board after all the hype we hear about how nasty the Bills and Jets are. Hi fellas, meet Ndamukong.

Sadly, this just doesn't work. We have so many needs that I can't see it. I'd love for us to be in a spot where we can just go big for the best FA but we need help at LB, OL, WR, the secondary and then we've got Tannehill's contract coming up on top. Non-starter for me.

Miami may he close to 50 million in cap space next season. Tannehill's contract isn't due until after 2015 season.

Don't worry about something that is so easy to play with like the cap.

PHINATIC8U:

I hit the thumbs down by accident, I wanted to thumb udown SiSCOTTY83's post.

The cap can be manipulated as you mentioned and Tanny is a guy who would restructure, if necessary to keep someone like Suh who pretty much neutralize's the pats and bills rb's.

PHINATIC8U:

I hit the thumbs down by accident, I wanted to thumb udown SiSCOTTY83's post.

The cap can be manipulated as you mentioned and Tanny is a guy who would restructure, if necessary to keep someone like Suh who pretty much neutralize's the pats and bills rb's.

press the thumbs down again and it will take the vote away

Back
Top Bottom