Dominik Considers Dolphins one of three teams with a "real shot" at landing Suh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dominik Considers Dolphins one of three teams with a "real shot" at landing Suh

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
ESPN's Mark Dominik considers the Dolphins one of three teams with a "real shot" at landing free agent Ndamukong Suh.

Dominik compares Suh to Reggie White as a "once in a generational talent" who will actually find his way to the open market. We don't disagree with that assessment. Now on to Suh and the Dolphins; we're not sure how Miami would work Suh into their payroll. After today's releases of CB Cortland Finnegan and T/G Nate Garner, and Charles Clay's transition tag, the Dolphins are about $2 million under the cap. At age 28, Suh is going to command the largest contract among defensive players in NFL history.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter
Mar 2 - 6:19 PM

he's exactly what the defense needs but the baggage...ross would like the extra media attention

Even if we could afford Suh, Principal Philbin would not allow it.

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 12m12 minutes ago
Suh's Agents will want QB Money. Will use JJ Watt 6 Yr 100M as baseline saying Ndamukong only comp player to Watt. Factor in Suh's a UFA...

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 10m10 minutes ago
Raiders have to pay 13% Premium to next closest offer for Ndamukong due to state taxes. Reason it's prudent Agents get FL teams involved

Having Suh on our defense would make the front line nasty! But honestly doesn't his future contract scare you knowing how much it's going to be? I'm still uneasy with this one...

His contract , is going to be absurd .

Too much money for a position that never touches the ball. At the same time he's An elite player. I'm conflicted but I would lean against this. At $16 million a year we can get 2 great OGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
We as a team can't do this and not be in cap hell. There is still Ryan's contract coming up. It's time we get very good at drafting as we can't keep over spending in FA as it catches up with you.

As enticing as he is as a player....you can ruin the team by blowing the bank on this guy. Way too many holes to fill and the salary this guy will command will equal 2 or 3 quality FA's to our roster. I would have to pass unless there is some type of fire sale.

Back
Top Bottom