Don Banks on Wanne | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Banks on Wanne

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
nothing that exciting...

from http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=readyforsomefoo&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

here are the 10 story lines we can't wait to see develop:

9. A son-rise or sunset for Miami? It's one thing when a bunch of media types sit down and figure out which coaches will ply their trade this season from the time-exalted position known as the hot seat. It's quite another when a team's owner announces that a repeat of last year's failure won't cut it this time around. That's pretty much what Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga informed head coach Dave Wannstedt of a few months back. All of which is going to put the sizzle into this season in South Florida.

Wannstedt has company on that plank he's walking. Quarterback Jay Fiedler has a new backup in Brian Griese, and he's not on board just to give everyone a nice warm fuzzy reminder of the team's glory days. The Dolphins loaded up on veterans this offseason, believing they're the key to avoiding the team's history of late-season collapses. Wannstedt better hope that tact works. Otherwise he could be history himself.

This guy from PFW says Wannes' keister is on the line as well-

Ryan(Denville,NJ): You have to like the team the Miami Dolphins have just assembled so far this offseason.Just how far do you believe they will go?

Ken Bikoff: (5:50 PM ET ) The Dolphins have the talent to go to the Super Bowl. They have a great running back, solid receivers, a quality defense and have something to prove after last season. But I'm not now, nor have I ever been, sold on Dave Wannstedt as a coach. Wanny is a good friend of PFW's and I think he has gotten some bad breaks along the way, but his teams seem to fatigue as the season goes on, and he needs a strong run to prove to everyone that he can break the tape with a talented ballclub

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=3741

It's no secret that this is a make or break year for Wanny and Fiedler.

Originally posted by Muck
It's no secret that this is a make or break year for Wanny and Fiedler.

As it should be for both.

If Wanny goes, do you guys think that Wayne will give Norv the shot ?

If we fail, my Go and Stay list, Front Office wise:

Go- Wanny, Bates, Armstrong

Stay- Norv, Spielman

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Stay- Norv, Spielman

Agreed, though I believe Norv should stay as O.C. only, which I know is probably unlikely.

Spielman should be the GM, and we should get a coach who "coaches" for once.

That is, if Wanny & Co. don't do something this year. I know it is dumb to be an optimistic Dolphins fan, but I am very excited for the new season.

when norv was with washington, the players referd to camp as club turner.....I hope he stays as our O.C., but hes a little soft as a H.C.

Originally posted by Bad Lieutenant

Spielman should be the GM, and we should get a coach who "coaches" for once.

The name Shula ring a bell?

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Stay- Norv, Spielman

I agree too. I like Bates, but he is too passive. We need some fire like a Parcells would bring in. A young guy who will get our young guys fired up and play to their potential. It's all the Bucs needed. We are right there with them.:tantrum:

If you guys agree that Jim Bates should go, then visit DolphanMike's thread in the Flipper's Finest forum and read what he wrote. It's very interesting and you might feel different afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom