Don Pierson gives us a C!!! :eek: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Pierson gives us a C!!! :eek:

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ysis,0,2284907.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

DOLPHINS

1 (2) Ronnie Brown, rb, Auburn

2 (46) Matt Roth, de, Iowa

3 (70) Channing Crowder, lb, Florida

4 (104) Travis Daniels, db, LSU

5 (162) Anthony Alabi, ot, TCU

7 (216) Kevin Vickerson, dt, Mich. St.

Analysis: New coach Nick Saban thinks Brown is easily the best back in the draft because he has more speed and versatility and better hands than Bears pick Cedric Benson. Miami thought more of Roth, Crowder and Daniels than other teams. Saban has a rebuilding job to do and he still doesn't have a proven quarterback.

Grade: C

weel see next year and years to come when roth and crowder are dominating the field and to me ronnie was the best back in the draft. wanted us to draft mcpherson but im ok with brock berlin home town kid with no pressure to do big thing with the dolphins isay brock beats out sage. about daniels dont saban drafts him just because he was a tiger saban knows he can be an asset to the team

No one in the Miami media will give Nick any credit for what he does. They are pissed and will use their media ability in attempt to be vengeful.

I thought some of the media members would be able to overcome Nick's tightening the media access. I guess I may have been wrong.

All the negative crap being spewed about Saban is just media sour grapes over him cutting them off.....like a woman scorned :shakeno: .

not saying he's perfect, but hes done a heck of a job IMO.

finsnchips said:

I can appreciate the lack of a quarterback take on this draft, however, despite his opinion, we got three high-motor players in rounds one thru three who all have first round talent.

Dr Z, John Clayton and Len P. all had Roth going late first round, so I don't get his comments about other teams not being high on these players.

The fact is we got three excellent football players, if they stay healthy and play to their potential this may go down as the best first day draft in Dolphin history......and I'm betting they do.

I'm not the type of fan that gushes over our draft no matter who we select with my aqua and orange glasses on, I was not happy with last years draft at all and was vocal about it, I am absolutely thrilled with the first three picks.

KB21 said:
No one in the Miami media will give Nick any credit for what he does. They are pissed and will use their media ability in attempt to be vengeful.

I thought some of the media members would be able to overcome Nick's tightening the media access. I guess I may have been wrong.

I totally agree here, sportswriters will always use what little voice they have to badmouth those they do not like...

finsnchips said:

I can appreciate the lack of a quarterback take on this draft, however, despite his opinion, we got three high-motor players in rounds one thru three who all have first round talent.

Dr Z, John Clayton and Len P. all had Roth going late first round, so I don't get his comments about other teams not being high on these players, I doubt Pierson has been allowed to see the draft boards of other teams, so his comments lack credibility.

The fact is we got three excellent football players, if they stay healthy and play to their potential this may go down as the best first day draft in Dolphin history......and I'm betting they do.

I'm not the type of fan that gushes over our draft no matter who we select with my aqua and orange glasses on, I was not happy with last years draft at all and was vocal about it, I am absolutely thrilled with the first three picks.

KB21 said:

And his comments reveal that he is vengeful when he claims to know how other teams regarded these players.

Back
Top Bottom