Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch) | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch)

I've posted here (now) more than anytime over the years. But I have to agree with all that said 2020 sucks. I'm going to go back a bit farther and let ya'll know my father died right about the same exact time that Drake was entering the endzone in the miracle in Miami. I've kept it to myself all this time. I'd like to think he might have had a little to do with it :up:.
Anyway, Shula passing has been tough on me even now. I always wanted to meet him, just never had the chance. My hat is off to all of you that did.
Well, two of my hero's are now gone. Getting old sucks.
Sorry about your father Hab. God Bless you.

2020 has definitely sucked but it's been a walk in the park for me compared to 2019. Like you, I lost my dad last March after a brief illness. Then 2 weeks after my dad passed my girlfriend of 2 1/2 yrs. that not too long before that I thought I would marry, told me, "Sorry it's over." So 2020 is simply an annoyance at this point. I used to take football very seriously when I was younger and let losses affect me way too much but as I got older that gradually subsided because in the grand scheme of things it's not that important. Not to say I still don't enjoy the wins and anticipate the bright future but I don't let a game affect me that much any more.

And it's almost like Shula's passing is already old news out there. Hell, it took that stupid "Good Morning Football" show on the NFL Network 45 minutes to even mention it this morning and I don't know if it was even mentioned on Total Access tonight. Even on this board the "Charles Harris Traded" thread has more replies than this one about Coach Shula passing away.
I’m sorry for your losses too Smoky.

Back
Top Bottom