Don shula | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don shula

chicoboy17988

Practice Squad
Reaction score
earlier today on nfl network, adam schefter had don shula on the phone and talked about the future of the miami dolphins....adam asked shula who doe he think canditates are for the new head coach and he said he couldnt really pick any in particular....then adam told shula in a laughing manner to come back and coach the dolphins....i was suprised by shula's reply because he didnt say yes or no. all he said was he wants to help the dolphins win just like they did in his era...shula said he would do anything to help them win and Don said he told wayne huizenga that....

i believe shula is going to join the dolphins this offseason not as a coach but play a huge roll for the dolphins now...Don Shula is sick of seeing them lose just like us and is going to do something big to help them

anyone else see this on nfl network earlier???

As long as he's not in control of doling out contracts or being the coach, more power to him. Just having him around to be the token wise old man for the team is good enough for me.

It would be sweet if he got some kind of front office job but I dont think it will happen. You got to remember the game has changed since he was a coach

Consultant would work for me. Although I don't believe he has much experience with a salary cap. He did however draft Marino right?? Good enough for me. The man must know talent.

He was on with Hank Goldberg and kept saying the same thing. He kept on saying he would do anything to help the Dolphins win and he said it over and over and said he had told Wayne that. You imagine Shula back with Mike as the OC and Bates as the DC.......

Consultant would work for me. Although I don't believe he has much experience with a salary cap. He did however draft Marino right?? Good enough for me. The man must know talent.

I agree with this.

I found it curious that he didnt know who Scott Pioli was.Obviously the game has passed him by but he can still be a very positive influence in getting the Dolphins back on track.

ya but how old is he we need someone good who will stay for a while

you guys have to remember that joe gibbs came back.....and another man named parcells who i believe is in the playoffs...i wouldnt mind him on the sidelines to see what he can teach

the man is a legend...i vote him for HC!

What about Shula as the head coach, Wanny as the defensive coach and Jimmy as the GM?

If we want to go that route .. then just wait til the Cowboys lose and make an offer to Parcells !!!

He is NOT going back to Big D next year .....

I found it curious that he didnt know who Scott Pioli was.Obviously the game has passed him by but he can still be a very positive influence in getting the Dolphins back on track.

I highly doubt that the game has passed him by. He has always been in and around the Dolphins in some form or another. And if you look at Joe Gibbs and other coaches who have come back some of them were out of football. Gibbs did the racing thing. And has come back. These guys have too much football knowlege for the game to just pass them up. Now maybe players characters might be different than when he last coached but the game is still basically the same.

Back
Top Bottom