Done Deal? - No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes - Yes! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Done Deal? - No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes - Yes!

:jumper: WOO-HOO!!!! :jumper:

"New Orleans tailback Ricky Williams said he expects to get traded today to the Dolphins. And he can’t wait."

“I know a whole lot about the Dolphins,†Williams said. “The No. 1 thing is this gives me a chance to win. They have a great defense. That means the offense is always on the field. They want to run the ball. I’d love to go to Miami and do that.â€Â

“The only difference is [the Dolphins] are a better team and organization. That’s enough for me. I’m not going to say we have to do something, but I hope we can do something to make us both happy. The San Diego native said: “I say San Diego and Miami are the two best cities in the country. I’m ready to go.â€Â

BRING IT ON RICKY!! :cool: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED FOR 2002!! :D

It is interesting that Ricky said the deal was done and the Saints won't admit it yet. I would think after what he said about his coach and team the deal would have to get done.

HURRAY
RICKY IS OURS

I expect the deal to be finalized later today.

Wouldn't it rule if we landed Kreutz tomorrow, too?

WE MUST BE DREAMING...

There's no way this can really be happening. I mean, nothing like this ever happens with the 'Fins. Someone has to yank the rug out from under this thing and just yell APRIL FOOLS!!! If this thing really happens I might just be throwing a "Dreaded Dolphin" party to celebrate.

This just all seems so surreal; Ricky's already talking like he's a Dolphin. If this happens (especially if Kreutz comes on board as well) I think just about every Fin-fan out there will be going nuts with anticipation for next season.:jumper:

COME ONE MUELLER AND SPEIL, SHAKE HANDS, SIGN THE PAPERS, BECOM BLOOD BROTHERS, WHATEVER! JUST DO THE DEAL ALREADY!! :rocker:

:eat:

I think getting Ricky might just make us more attractive to Kreutz. Is that perhaps what he was waiting to see take place first before he decided to sign with us too? Any thoughts????

Interesting thought. I have to believe that he's leaning towards Miami anyway since the guy cut his honeymoon short to make the trip to 'Fin-town. You'd have to be pretty serious to risk the ire and wrath of new bride having her honeymoon cut short. :D

Yeah, he said in the press conference that she wasn't TOO HAPPY. :eek: The wrath of a woman scorn! :lol:

Saints: Williams trade to Miami reportedly finalized

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/fanball/20020307/fanball-saintswilliamstradet.html

The New Orleans Saints will reportedly announce a trade to send running back Ricky Williams to the Miami Dolphins today. "I hear it’s going to happen tomorrow," Williams told the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel Wednesday night. "The Saints can't keep me now."

Randy Mueller says otherwise...

'Common sense' tells Williams he's off to Miami

03/07/02

By Jeff Duncan
Staff writer/The Times-Picayune

Ricky Williams said he thinks he'll be traded to the Miami Dolphins today.

Saints general manager Randy Mueller says the team's star running back must know something he doesn't.

A day before the much-anticipated trade talks between the Saints and Dolphins resume, Williams went public Wednesday, saying he expects to be traded to Miami, and his future in New Orleans may be irreparably harmed.

"It would be hard for the Saints to dangle me out there and expect me to be happy and play for them, especially after they wanted to get rid of me," Williams said Wednesday. "From what I hear, it is going to happen today. Common sense tells me that the Saints really want to get rid of me."

Mueller, however, said the Saints plan to keep Williams unless the Dolphins produce a more attractive offer. Cleveland, a onetime suitor for Williams, reportedly has dropped out of the running.

"No deal has been finalized," Mueller said. "We have agreed to talk a couple of more times, but there is no proposal I see that we can agree to.

"If a deal is going to happen, it's going to have to be a completely different structure or package to get done."

The Dolphins and Saints are scheduled to talk again today when officials from both teams attend the predraft workouts of University of Miami players in Coral Gables, Fla.

Williams, coming off a career-high 1,245-yard season in which the Saints finished 7-9, said he thinks Coach Jim Haslett might be the motivating force behind the efforts to trade him. He told The Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Sun-Sentinel on Wednesday that he and Haslett "were never on the same page," and that the two "had different philosophies."

"All I know is Randy (Mueller) looked me in the eye and told me he wanted me here but that he had to sort things out and see," Williams said. "Jim Haslett might really want me to stay, too. I really don't know. The only thing I had a problem with the Saints was they never treated me with the respect I thought I should have (received)."

Haslett couldn't be reached for comment.

Mueller, who met with Williams two weeks ago to discuss the possible trade, said he wasn't surprised by Williams' comments.

"We don't have a problem with Ricky, and Ricky doesn't have a problem with the Saints," Mueller said. "You can't believe everything you hear right now."

Williams' comments come one month after veteran left tackle Willie Roaf, who is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos today, requested a trade or release because of professional and personal differences with Haslett. Since then, Haslett and Roaf have met and the two are trying to mend their relationship.

"Honestly, I didn't really have a problem with Coach (Haslett)," Williams said. "Everyone wants out when you lose."

"

The Dolphins have offered their first- and fourth-round choices in this year's draft and a conditional third-round pick in 2003 that could become a first- or second-round selection if Williams hits performance thresholds. In return, the Dolphins want Williams and the Saints' third-round selection.

The Dolphins say they've made their final offer.

"We're about as sweet as we can possibly be because we're giving them the opportunity to get two No. 1 picks for Ricky Williams," said Rick Spielman, the Dolphins' senior vice president of football operations. "One of them is based off performance, but I don't think they can get any deal better than that."

Williams agreed. He said he thinks the Dolphins already "are giving up way too much for me." Williams cited the Rams' trade for Marshall Faulk (a second- and fifth-round pick in 1999) and the Steelers' trade for Jerome Bettis (a second- and fourth-round pick in 1996).

"And I'm definitely not in their class," Williams said.

If the Saints trade Williams, the club will absorb $2.8 million of his prorated signing bonus on this year's salary cap, giving him a cap figure of $4.3 million.

"If it were my choice, I would love to stay. I enjoy New Orleans. I love the city so much I really, really don't want to go," Williams said. "As far as lifestyle, I'll never find a place as good as New Orleans. As far as football, Miami might be better. Every player just wants to go somewhere where you fit in. That's more important than money or anything else."

This one could have more twists in the tail yet!:confused:

Originally posted by Dajesus
It is interesting that Ricky said the deal was done and the Saints won't admit it yet. I would think after what he said about his coach and team the deal would have to get done.

Ooorrrr, he's goimg to piss off, or embarrass Mueller and they won't trade him, out of spite. You guys that are celebrating before the party are only setting yourself up.
I don't want to be a party pooper, I'm just concerned. Really.

:ladysman: Ricky on South Beach.;)

:D

Wise words mate...

Originally posted by inFINSible

Ooorrrr, he's goimg to piss off, or embarrass Mueller and they won't trade him, out of spite. You guys that are celebrating before the party are only setting yourself up.
I don't want to be a party pooper, I'm just concerned. Really.

:ladysman: Ricky on South Beach.;)

:D

The Times Picayune in NO has an article which denies the trade and has Ricky eating crow and saying he's got no probs with the coach. Check the "finalised" thread.

Sounds like somebody told Ricky to put a sock in it.
The first article took place when reporters caught him skipping inTO Saints' headquarters yesterday. The other article is from when he came out.

Back
Top Bottom