Donovan McNabb on AJ Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donovan McNabb on AJ Feeley

As for the first post.........it seems that some of the Eagle players have absorbed the jack-*** attitude of the Philly fans.

but, alot of you guys are way off base here IMO.

Let me preface by saying that I hate the Eagles from living borderline South jersey and my in-laws are from right outside Philly and 100% hardcore Eagle fans.....so I have absolutely no love for Donovan or the Eagles.

But the stuff you guys come up with cracks me up. Donovan's not a good QB??? Are you kidding? You can go two ways on this one....stats or winning...and McNab does both. His numbers were SICK this year! He probably has the best winning percentage among any active QB. What more do you want??

There were some T.O. comments.....and while it's obvious that TO helped his production this year.....it's hardly an indictment of DM....he had absolutely the WORST talent in the league at the WR position pre-TO....Pinkston, Thrash, freddie Mitchell...and he still won and put up impressive numbers. What more could you ask for a QB. And he did get them to the SB w/o TO.

As for the Rush Limbaugh thing.......I can't believe that people are defending that. McNabb is not given any more credit for his QBing than any white QB would have been. If you want to talk about someone getting overhyped because of race.....IMO it really does go the other way. Jason Sehorn was THE most overhyped player that I have ever seen. He made one decent INT in his career and all of a sudden he was the white Deion. Sehorn Jersey's everywhere and they always talked of him as a Pro-bowl player.

Noodleman said:
A.) Rush Limbaugh should have NEVER been on a show about football. B.) While I agree it was blown out of proportion, it was probably karma for all the other crap that spews from his mouth!

Agree with your point"A" totally. I actually quit watching ESPN Football coverage that year because of them letting RUsh on the show.

Noodleman said:
A.) Rush Limbaugh should have NEVER been on a show about football. B.) While I agree it was blown out of proportion, it was probably karma for all the other crap that spews from his mouth!

Get real. Karma? He's really hurting with his $20 million a year + industry.

He was on the show b/c he was popular with lots of folks and does know the NFL. That said, he made a fatal miscalculation.

But, even Tony K and Wilbon agreed with Limbaugh that many in the media did hype McNabb. McNabb was a better player than Limbaugh intimated, but he does have his flaws as a QB - especially in the passing game. He did play better with TO in the lineup - but still, not a great passer.

When Rush said it, no one on the program disputed the opinion (probably because they were in awe of his presence, or unable to form any words and just nodded their heads like the prompter told them to). It wasn't until the media (and by that I mean- personalities hostile towards Rush and conservatives with opinions) jumped on the statement that uncle Tom decided to have his moment with a prepared statement.

And with that last post, let me remind everyone that this is NOT a political forum and to be on your best behavoir.

I doubt any of them were in awe of Rush Limbaugh. He was political radio show host sitting in on a football program. This was their domain. Rush has little or no experise on the subject of football. So they probably didn't respect his opinion very much.

CD13 said:
You should have asked him - " Hey McNabb, how does it feel to lose so much ? " Do you feel like a Buffalo Bill ? I think he is overrated too, but on the other hand, our QB couldn't beat him out so where does that leave us ?

Now could you see the Eagles GM and Headcoach sitting down McNabb for ANY other QB....regardless if they played better or not? Imagine the uproar from the fans, and the media....your sitting a black QB down for a white QB.....come on.

Thats why being an understudy of any named QB is just a holding period in your professional life...the only way you'll replace him is if he gets hurt or gets too old and makes it too obvious.

Muck said:
Rush has little or no experise on the subject of football.

Rush worked for a kansas city radiostation doing sports (baseball and football) for 15 years. He didn't play, but there are many, many, talking heads that haven't played a sport.

fishypete said:
Now could you see the Eagles GM and Headcoach sitting down McNabb for ANY other QB....regardless if they played better or not? Imagine the uproar from the fans, and the media....your sitting a black QB down for a white QB.....come on.

ah, c'mon, put down the race card buddy. where/when has this ever happened before? i didn't see an uproar when rodney peete, andre ware, akili smith, shaun king, or any other subpar black qbs were replaced by white qbs. stop trying to make a race issue out of something when it is not there. mcnabb is a 4 time pro-bowler who has led his team to 4 nfc title games and a super bowl. he starts b/c he is good, not b/c he is black.

jlfin said:
If that's true, so what. IMO McNabb is one of the most over rated QB's in the league.He's an improved version of Randall Cunningham. Good athlete, with good mobility, but missing a certain intangible when it comes to winning big games. T.O was his savior this past season. Without an elite receiver he will struggle.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I'm a die hard fins fan that but I can't believe so many of the reasons that are given for McNabb being "overrated". I guess if the standard for being a good quarterback is having the "certain intangible when it comes to winning big games", you would have to lump in QB's like Jim Kelly, Peyton Manning, and our most beloved Dan Marino on the overrated QB list while putting quarterbacks like Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, and Mark Rypien on the "good qb list".

Many people including myself argued that the reason Marino never returned to the SB was because we never had a defense. On the other hand, you comment that "without an elite receiver he (McNabb) will struggle". Aren't both of these valid points? If so, why does Marino get a free pass for not winnning the big games while McNabb doesn't? McNabb has flaws but there is no denying his talent. How many games in a row did Philly win 2 years ago? What was their record last year? If we compare the 2, McNabb has been in more Championship games (4) and in as many SB (1) as Marino. Marino is by far the greatest pure passer in history but there is no denying that McNabb is a great QB. Troy Aikman never really had the stats of a big-time QB but he had the rings. On the other hand, Marino and Manning have all the big-time stats but haven't won the big game.

Why are u people getting so uptight about McNabb laughing about Feeley being our starter?

Feeley is a f'n joke!

I agree that McNabb is overrated and that T.O. made him look much better then actually is but that doesn't change the fact that Feeley's QB skills/smarts are laughable!

enigmatics said:
.............another take it for what it's worth thread. But as alot of people know Donovan McNabb spends quite a bit of his offseason training here in Scottsdale,AZ where I reside. Not only does he train here, but he can be seen kickin' it at all the clubs here in Scottsdale, much of the time at this place called Suede where I saw him again tonight. I decided to just go up to him and shoot the sh*t with him and boy let me tell you he's a d*ckhead..........no doubts about that. I told him upfront that I was a Dolphins fan and I wanted to know his opinion about AJ Feeley starting for us and he laughed his butt off. I'm not lying. The funniest thing is he honestly couldn't remember AJ's full name. You'd think ok maybe he was drunk or something, but there was no drink near the man, not surprising either.

I'd also like to comment that dude's head is bigger than anything I've ever seen sitting atop a neck and shoulders.
its not evgen that he thinks ajs a bad qb, but he had to be an a**hole about it. I cant wait until AJ wins the sb in donovan oversized face.

My reason for agreeing Mcnabb is average at best.

He has had the gift of a top notch defense every year he has played in the NFL. When his team wins it isnt because of his superior ability or from him dominating other teams. That i would say is Mike Vick but not Mcnabb. Mcnabb gets wayyyyy too much credit for the Eagles just plain and simply having a great damn football team. His offensive line has also been somthing that has been amazing the past few years mcnabb has played. Honestly you could put alot of QBs in the NFL in his possition when he entered the NFL and i would of expected a high win percentage and above average stats each year.

I also saw somone else make the comment about their division. I mean if yoou cant realize that a division makes up for a big part of a team's schedule then your watching the wrong sport. Ever since the cowgirls dropped off the face of the earth that division hasnt had a damn cent of competition for them. Not even 1 team, ohhhh the mighty new york flukes or giants. Come on that division is pathetic. So heres my math.

Great Defense + Great Oline + ****ty Division + Great coaching + Ignorant fans + Average Mobile QB = Lots o wins but cant ever get over the hump

Ark139954 said:
I cant wait until AJ wins the sb in donovan oversized face.

i think you might be waitin' a long time there buddy.

Back
Top Bottom