Don't be Surprised IF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't be Surprised IF

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if sadly and unfortunately some players you all like will get caught. Remember, we only have room for 53 man. I felt sad when Sam Simmons was cut last year.

Here's some of the favorites:

Wes Welker--If Boston or Hakim signs a deal, that will move Welker further down the depth chart making him a prime candidate for practice squad.

Tony Bua --Well as you all know, how many linebackers can we carry..Eddie Moore and Derrick Pope will beat him out of training camp..I'm not even mentioning Crowder, Thomas, Spragan, Seau, and we will most definitely keep Ayanbadejo because he is our best special teams player..Ok we can move Bua to safety, but the competition is not in his favor..He doesn't have the speed for safety.

Kay Jay Harris --Sadly, if Ricky comes back, we will not keep that many running backs. I'll say Brown, Williams, Gordon, and Sammy Morris (he won't play fullback) because we have two tanks in Martin and Evans.

Tony Bua is a safty. I will ask this question, what competition?

You know, we do need special teams players. Welker and Bua are that. They aren't going anywhere.

Ricky isn't coming back either so that leaves Kay Jay and Gordon as backups. Morris will play FB.

I think all three of those guys will mka ethe roster.
We are very thin at Saftey regardless so Bua should be fine.
Welker had the highest or second highest return average on punts in the whole league last year. His value streches beyond being a reciever.
As for Kay Jay I really dont like him all the that much so I am not worried about him, but I have a feeling we will not be seeing Ricky. I think our RB situation will play out Brown, Gordon, the hArris. IMO

BenchFiedler said:
Don't be surprised if sadly and unfortunately some players you all like will get caught. Remember, we only have room for 53 man. I felt sad when Sam Simmons was cut last year.

Wes Welker--If Boston or Hakim signs a deal, that will move Welker further down the depth chart making him a prime candidate for practice squad.

Tony Bua --Well as you all know, how many linebackers can we carry..Eddie Moore and Derrick Pope will beat him out of training camp..I'm not even mentioning Crowder, Thomas, Spragan, Seau, and we will most definitely keep Ayanbadejo because he is our best special teams player..Ok we can move Bua to safety, but the competition is not in his favor..He doesn't have the speed for safety.

Kay Jay Harris --Sadly, if Ricky comes back, we will not keep that many running backs. I'll say Brown, Williams, Gordon, and Sammy Morris (he won't play fullback) because we have two tanks in Martin and Evans.
I agree that there will be some fan favorites that won't make the team(was sad to see Fred Russell cut last year), but I don't see any chance Welker doesn't make the team. Sure, he would be far down the WR depth chart, but he has been one of the best Kick/Punt returners for us in years. We won't get rid of him.

Welker showed his worth last year... So your right, I would be really suprised if he was cut.

Welker will make the team no matter who we sign.Bua will make the team also.As far as Kay Jay i could care less.

Why would we cut Wlker. He costs relativley nothing and for that price we finally get somone who can take it all the way at any given time.

Happens every year...Remembre Robert Baker after he kept coming back year after year and being so close i know i was almost cheering for him to make it.

Welker may be down the depth chart at WR, but is the unquestioned #1 return man on our roster......Saban wants playmakers and that's what Welker is as a returner.

Bua is a great presence on Special Teams and while I will agree that Ayanbedejo was better on ST LAST year.....he is in more danger of losing his roster spot than Bua IMO.

Kay Jay Harris is borderline as an UDFA.....I like him a lot, but there is some competition there. I don't count on Ricky coming back, but still, he'd have to beat out either Morris, Gordon or Minor and they are all more proven at this point. Morris avg 4.0 last year when no one else could average 3. Gordon has SOME potential, although I don't count on him, and Minor has shown to be effective in a complimentary role.....and could be an ideal change of pace in Linehan's system.

Welker isn't going anywhere, and Harris might stay, Morris might be the one 2 leave, unless he competes with Evans for the FB position.

BenchFiedler said:

I agree with you that we shouldn't be surprised if some of our players get cut, but I honestly feel the players that you have mentioned will make the team. Wes Welker is the best kick/punt returned that we've had in a LOOOOONG TIME. He was one of our very bright spots last year, and I don't feel that he will be going anywhere. Tony Bua has a "slight possible" chance of being released in my opinion, but I also don't think that is like. He is great Special Teams Demon which is not looked upon enough as much as it should be, he's a HARD HITTER and a Special Teams ACE which is definitely something that we need. Special Teams shouldn't go unnoticed. We also need some depth at S where we are very depleted at now with some unproven guys, and Tony Bua will most likely be our 2nd or 3rd SS this season. Also, Kay Jay Harris is another person I really don't believe will be going anywhere, he was perhaps our greatest UDFA pick up and I think he'll find himself perhap 2nd or 3rd string on the Depth Chart, though I do agree with you if Ricky Williams does return that could change everything. Than Lamar Gordon, Kay Jay Harris, Sammy Morris, Travis Minor (who I don't even think will make the team)'s jobs would all be in jeopardy. I understand that no player in this league is SAFE and always guarenteed a starting job (for the most part that is)... and that there is no such thing as being SAFE at a spot on the 53-man roster, but I honestly do feel that Wes Welker won't be going anywhere and that Kay Jay Harris has a really good shot at making the 53-man roster.

BenchFiedler said:
If Kay Jay Harris shows that he can block and catch, I see him having a better chance to make the team because Jamar Martin is a one-trick pony. Sammy Morris would be a versatile FB just like Heath Evans leaving Harris, Morris & Brown at HB.

BenchFiedler said:

Its a little early for predictions but I have a feeling Kay Jay will make this team and be around for a long time, I see Saban more likely to get rid of older players such as Sammy Morris.

Back
Top Bottom