Don't beleave the hype | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't beleave the hype

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
At least not yet. Only the Heraold has decided that story about the R. Williams trade is worth printing. No other Miami paper or ESPN or Cbs has followed up on this blurb, untill that happens I might wait before you go running out and buy the #34 jersey. due to signing bonuses, lack of depth, and draft picks we really don't have much to offer for anyone more less a 3rd year ex heisman w/2 1000 yard seasons behind him. The only way I see tis comming to light is if Ricky wants it bad enough to work out some of bonus $, and the Saints will take a couple young guys, and future draft picks. It would be sweet though we would get our rb for the freindly cap # of a meer 350,000, and our only glaring needs would be O-line and DT. I hope next year I am wearing #34 every sunday, but I am far from sold that it even might happen.

GM Mueller Denies Trade Rumors

Saints GM Randy Mueller denied the trade rumors concerning Ricky Williams.

New Orleans Times-Picayune Article

Seems like there are a lot of conflicting stories out there. I don't know whom or what to believe at this point.

Dan

Sounds to me like Mueller is just playing the game. "We talked to alot of teams besides Miami. It would be my preference not to trade him," said Mueller.
To me that means he can be had but the price will be high.

I'd rather take a chance on FRED TAYLOR for the price of a 3rd round pick and address the o-line with some quality people than to sell the farm for Ricky williams!!

Right on, 54!!

Taylor has better hands and is at the very least is as equally talented as Williams. Yeah, he's injury-prone. But a 3rd rounder would be a steal.

agreed, when taylor is healthy, he's one of the top 3 backs in the league...but he is injured WAY TOO OFTEN and i dont think it would be smart to fashion our whole offensive game plan around a guy who may or may not suit up come sundays. in reading the article about williams, it would probably take this years 1st round pick(#26 i believe- remember john avery and jj johnson. hell, does anyone remember john bosa?- no guarantees) and a 3rd and patrick surtain(one of the few areas on the team that miami has depth). rickey is a stud, and you can pencil him in miami's starting backfield for the next 10 years.

Originally posted by Dajesus
At least not yet. Only the Heraold has decided that story about the R. Williams trade is worth printing. No other Miami paper or ESPN or Cbs has followed up on this blurb
this is the lead on ESPN - Fins: http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia

Williams had 60 receptions last year - more than anyone on the Fins. Ricky blows away Taylor, but at what price ??? Taylor is definitely worth a 3rd round....While Ricky is not worth a #1, a #3 and patrick surtain.

it would probably take this years 1st round pick.........and a 3rd and patrick surtain(one of the few areas on the team that miami has depth).

WAAAY to much for Willams, or ANY player. That's selling more than the farm. A 1st and a 3rd is more than fair. But Surtain too?? They better give us back AT LEAST a #2.

And what if Ricky does like '99 and '00 and has lingering injuries??

Williams does not blow Taylor away if both guys are healthy. IMO, Taylor gets the edge over Ricky straight up. He's much faster and has better hands than Williams. Plus he's a local boy. Taylor is 3 inches taller, yet only 5 lbs lighter. Very powerful guy. But health is THE concern.

Just for the sake of argument, check this out:

In 16 games in 2001 Williams had 1756 yds from scrimmage and 7 TDs.

In 13 games in 2000, Taylor had 1639 yds from scrimmage and 14 TDs.

If Fred could stay healthy for an enitre season, he'd probably get close to 2000 yards rushing. The guy averages about 100 ypg over his entire career.....and 4.7 ypc.

my main reason for wanting Williams over Taylor is that he is 24 years old (vs 26) and Taylor rarely plays a full season if at all: out of 64 games over the last 4 years - he has played in 40 :eek: see http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4259

but of couse, it is apples to oranges since Taylor cheap is better than Williams for the house ;)

Originally posted by dolphan39
my main reason for wanting Williams over Taylor is that he is 24 years old (vs 26) and Taylor rarely plays a full season if at all: out of 64 games over the last 4 years - he has played in 40 :eek: see http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4259

but of couse, it is apples to oranges since Taylor cheap is better than Williams for the house ;)

Taylor has never played a full season.

How about this for a trade proposal: mcknight or ward+ Marion or Freeman+Grant and maybe a 4th round pick. The Saints biggest problems are WR DT and secondary.

the people over at the saints board seem to think that the trade proposal is this years 3rd and next years 1st that isnt official but that is what they have been saying but again it is a rumor and if it is right i say we are getting a steal.

Dont Be Suprized

Dont be suprized if the Saints ask for Chambers and more in this deal. I dont know about that one, i would like to keep Chambers. We've all seen how well this guy can play. Lets hope Wanne doesnt do anything stupid.

Back
Top Bottom