Don't Blame Lucas...Blame N. Turner!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Blame Lucas...Blame N. Turner!!

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Many of the fans over here are blaming R. Lucas. I think he does deserve some of the blame, but most of it should be plaed on OC N. Turner.....Here's why.

This was a Buffalo defense that was allowing over 130 yards a game against the run. There is no reason what so ever why we didn't just pound the ball down their throats the entire football game.....

Let me explain the situation.....

This happened more than once.....

We're inside the Bills 35 yard line, it's 3rd and 2, we've had pretty decent success running, so what does Turner call???....He calls a passing play that results in a pick....STUPID!!!!

Even if you run the ball and don't make the first down, you've still got a fieldgoal opportunity. Possibly 3 points.....

This happen three times yesterday inside the Bills 35!!!...Possibly 9 points taken off of the board because of stupid playcalling....

Not only did we not establish the run, we continued throwing the ball even when the game was still within reach....

When your two starting WR's are out, and the only thing that throwing the ball is doing is costing you turnovers, what do you do???...Keep throwing??...I think NOT!!!

We could have taken control of this game if we would have stuck with Ricky. It makes me sick!!!....

We were throwing from start to finish. QB J. Fiedler doesn't even throw the ball that much!!!!....

This was a goofed game plan that backfired big time. You don't throw your back-up QB out there with no WR help, and expect him to pick defenses apart.....

You do what has been working for you, and attack what the opposing team has had trouble defending...THE RUN.

Ricky was not used enough, and it cost us the game. He was expected to easily break 100 yards yesterday, and ended up with under 100. Hell, even the Texans rolled up 150 yards rushing on the Bills...

I don't care what anybody says.....

Piss Poor Play Calling Cost Us This Game IMO.....

Lucas threw the picks, but it was Turner calling the plays....BAD PLAYS!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!:evil:

Norv just want to exploit the secondary thinking lucas was to get in some kind of rhythm. Bad mistake. I only blame partly Lucas and Partly Norv and somewhere in between Wanne.

I thought it was great when we threw on first down of our first possession. I can guarantee you the Bills were thinking run all the way. We went on to score on the first drive. Everything went down hill after that.

I will agree that we should have started to establish the running game starting on the second drive, but not by trying a reverse. That led to turnover #1. We did run Ricky a lot. 24 carries is a lot of carries, especially in between the tackles where most of his runs were. Our offense is built to get a lead and eat the clock. We can not handoff on every play. Ray does have to throw the ball. But he should only have to throw it 15 times a game MAX. Next game at Green Bay will let us know where we are with Ray Lucas. Chambers will be back and Carter will play as well. So lets see then.

Excellent post blitz...

I blame Norv for the 2nd half when he should have adjusted to Lucas' inability to see and hit his WRs. I give Norv a bye on the first half since he obviously went into the game thinking Ray could do all that Jay could

LT (San Diego) ran it 39 times...

... in the win against Oakland (in Oakland!).

Talk to me about 25 carries.

Lucas blew it, for sure.

But so did Norv.

If nothing else, perhaps this will serve as a "lesson" to him on how NOT to gameplan for the rest of Lucas' tenure (which, hopefully, won't be too long).

Re: LT (San Diego) ran it 39 times...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
If nothing else, perhaps this will serve as a "lesson" to him on how NOT to gameplan for the rest of Lucas' tenure (which, hopefully, won't be too long).
amen to that

Oh, give me a break! I'm getting sick of people blaming Turner for the lack of execution by his PLAYERS!!

Williams had 25 carries and in case you didn't notice the Bills were stacking the line heavily and shooting the gaps. Many times, Williams had no chance. Turner did fine and he is having a great year calling plays. He is much better than that train wreck we had last year, Chan.

Some people blame Norv, some Lucas, some defense.........guess what? It's a team loss. It's that simple finfans.

Why hasn't anyone put the blame on Fiedler while you're at it.

This thread is stupid. For anybody to blame Turner over Lucas is a complete idiot. Turner didn't turn the ball over 6 times, Lucas did.

Originally posted by justafan
Some people blame Norv, some Lucas, some defense.........guess what? It's a team loss. It's that simple finfans.

Why hasn't anyone put the blame on Fiedler while you're at it.

You're right..it is all Jays fault for getting injured in the first place...:goof:

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Oh, give me a break! I'm getting sick of people blaming Turner for the lack of execution by his PLAYERS!!

Williams had 25 carries and in case you didn't notice the Bills were stacking the line heavily and shooting the gaps. Many times, Williams had no chance. Turner did fine and he is having a great year calling plays. He is much better than that train wreck we had last year, Chan.
all more running by RW or Minor would have meant was that Mare would have had a chance to kick the ball for 3 and the Bills would not have had a chance to score off our O. Of course, Norv on heroine is better than Chan though ;)

The Bills did what the Fins tried to do to Trent Green in KC. They came prepared to Stop RW and force Lucas to beat them.

We're inside the Bills 35 yard line, it's 3rd and 2, we've had pretty decent success running, so what does Turner call???....He calls a passing play that results in a pick....STUPID!!!!

It's close to impossible to gain 2 yards against 8 and sometimes 9 man fronts in obvious running situations.

IMO, this isn't Norv's fault, he didn't skip passes to Wide open WR's. He didn't throw the wrong pattern. Nope Lucas as pressing and trying to do it all by himself. Once he started making the mistakes then the entire offense started pressing and it was all down hill from there. Blitz assignments were missed, receivers didn't turn in time to catch passes. You name it. The offense will follow the lead of it's QB, in this case, it was being lead in a circle.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin

Who are you going to blame???....

When your facing quite possibly one of the worst rushing defense in the NFL, and it's 3rd and short, you run the ball!!!!!

You don't throw it up for grabs!!....Especially when it's a back-up QB, and your two best WR's aren't playing.

Even if you run the ball and don't get the first down, at the very least you've got a good chance at putting 3 points on the board....

Another one was on the fake fieldgoal. It's 4th and short, instead of lining up in a regular kick formation and kicking it, they put this highschool trick formation in, and couldn't even get a yard out of it!!!!...

These horrible playcalls resulted in turnovers. N. Turner calls the offensive plays....

In case you didn't notice, the Bills have been stacking line against EVERYONE!!!.....And EVERYONE has been running on them. That is until yesterday...

25 carries???......Against this weak ass DL???....

Ricky should have had over 30 carries yesterday, and should have finished with a career day in rushing yardsas well.....

It's 10-10, we're backed-up at our 30 with a couple minutes left in the half.....Instead of playing it safe, and hopefully going into the lockeroom tied, we pass the ball, and it's picked for TD....

CoastPhin, I'm sorry to disagree, but when you've got to make a choice between a "proven commodity RB" {Ricky}, or a "who knows QB" {Ray} on 3rd and short, a smart decision maker would go with what has proven to be successful in the past.....RICKY IS THE ANSWER.

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom