Don't change the whole team again! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't change the whole team again!

We are only a handful of changes away. We will be fine next year and more experienced. We do need a new kicker ( I finally am admitting that) Fill a couple holes, add a couple quality players and we are gonna be okay. The QB position is what worries me in the sense that it is still a controversy.

I think we just need to get a good pick in the draft..then hope for daunte to get better!

A pass rushing OLB would make the secondary that much better, even without making any player changes there.

A healthy Culpepper, playing at 80% of his career season, would give the defense another 7 points or so per game to protect. Just get a better LT in the draft or FA.

Keep the same basic offensive system, even if the play-calling changes to more deep routes and less trick plays.

So, a couple player additions, some consistency on offense, and a healthy QB should get the Dolphins another 3-4 wins in 2007.

There'll probably be a few more player changes, but this team needs more tweaking than it does gutting.

BTW, I've been a fan of Mare for years... but unless he turns it around in these last four games, he needs to go. Draft or grab a vet kicker. I'll miss the touchbacks, but trade that for another 3-6 pts per game.

If we don't make some changes on offense we are going to see more of the same next year. Having continuity is important when you have a winning team but we have alot of holes that need to be filled in order to make this a winning team. We really need a playmaker reciever. A Strong LT, An OC that can make adjustments on the fly and keep us in games. There are many holes in the offense that need to be fixed in order to be more productive.

auman416 said:
I think saban's only mistake was basically gutting our 9-7 team last year, we obviously should have held on to frerotte and the offensive line coach has shown he can make this group a good line. This year saban needs to make fewer, more distinct changes...like QB.

Get rid of the three stooges Culpepper, Harrington and Mularkey. I don't care about much else at this point.

dolpns13 said:
You mean the front 5 (o-line right)? Unless your talking about the 2 TE sets too

The front 7 means defensive front. Defensive line and linebackers.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Nick did what was necessary to build a winning team. That team in 2005 wasn't 9-7, they over achieved, that was obvious by the way we started this year. The moves he made were to put us in better position cap wise and to make the team better. What guys do we really miss? We didn't lose any big piece to that team and I think he has had two very good offeseason.

QB isn't the position we need to upgrade, we have Daunte, he's a pro bowler, we'll be fine there. We need to add youth to the front 7, upgrade the left side of the line and get a marque corner via free agency.

My keys in the FA pool are Lenoard Davis and Nate Clements. The first day of the draft should be full of DL/LB's. The second day just go for the BPA, maybe find a diamond in the rough at WR or something. We could use a burner in this recieving corps.

Leonard Davis and Nate Clements are underachieving so bad this year that if we bring them on board we will be rolling some hugely expensive dice. We're better off going after more consistent if not cheaper options. Leonard Davis after the LJ Shelton fiasco would be frightening. Clements has talent but he's got issues

auman416 said:
I think saban's only mistake was basically gutting our 9-7 team last year, we obviously should have held on to frerotte and the offensive line coach has shown he can make this group a good line. This year saban needs to make fewer, more distinct changes...like QB.
your qb is culpepper get use to it!:tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom