Don't change the whole team again! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't change the whole team again!

auman416

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think saban's only mistake was basically gutting our 9-7 team last year, we obviously should have held on to frerotte and the offensive line coach has shown he can make this group a good line. This year saban needs to make fewer, more distinct changes...like QB.

auman416 said:
I think saban's only mistake was basically gutting our 9-7 team last year, we obviously should have held on to frerotte and the offensive line coach has shown he can make this group a good line. This year saban needs to make fewer, more distinct changes...like QB.

Gutting our 9-7 team? How was it "gutted"? It really isn't that much different other than QB. Is that what you consider gutting?

auman416 said:

what? our o line coach is the same as last years...it was our OC that left, and Saban couldn't do anything about that....

and you said he should've stayed with the QB from the 9-7 year, but he should change the QB crop from this year?

:confused:

Nick did what was necessary to build a winning team. That team in 2005 wasn't 9-7, they over achieved, that was obvious by the way we started this year. The moves he made were to put us in better position cap wise and to make the team better. What guys do we really miss? We didn't lose any big piece to that team and I think he has had two very good offeseason.

QB isn't the position we need to upgrade, we have Daunte, he's a pro bowler, we'll be fine there. We need to add youth to the front 7, upgrade the left side of the line and get a marque corner via free agency.

My keys in the FA pool are Lenoard Davis and Nate Clements. The first day of the draft should be full of DL/LB's. The second day just go for the BPA, maybe find a diamond in the rough at WR or something. We could use a burner in this recieving corps.

Because of his offensive cluelessness, I'm not a big fan of Saban, but I have to say the only changes he made to this team were of absolute necessity. Linehan left and Frerotte followed (frerotte is a career backup and happy making 1 million plus to carry a clipboard and .., can you blame him?) The big problem has been Linehan & Frerotte's replacements and a lousy draft. Yes, Nick's coaching & personnel decisions have caused us to drop from "promising to mediocre" but he didn't do anything radical. They were just all bad moves. Is it bad enough to get rid of Nick now? Probably.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Nick did what was necessary to build a winning team. That team in 2005 wasn't 9-7, they over achieved, that was obvious by the way we started this year. The moves he made were to put us in better position cap wise and to make the team better. What guys do we really miss? We didn't lose any big piece to that team and I think he has had two very good offeseason.

QB isn't the position we need to upgrade, we have Daunte, he's a pro bowler, we'll be fine there. We need to add youth to the front 7, upgrade the left side of the line and get a marque corner via free agency.

My keys in the FA pool are Lenoard Davis and Nate Clements. The first day of the draft should be full of DL/LB's. The second day just go for the BPA, maybe find a diamond in the rough at WR or something. We could use a burner in this recieving corps.
You mean the front 5 (o-line right)? Unless your talking about the 2 TE sets too

I think the point of taking the team apart is a good one but our players should adjust quicker. alot of teams add new players every year and they learn to fit in quickly but our players are slow to adjust. I question the mental ability of the players we have been adding

PerfectFinz72 said:
Gutting our 9-7 team? How was it "gutted"? It really isn't that much different other than QB. Is that what you consider gutting?

The secondary is a lot different

Look at the Dolphins today. The team was considerably revamped. New OC. New DC. New quarterbacks. Practically a new offensive line. And a totally new defensive secondary. I think those changes, mix in some lousy setbacks and poor play, put us where we are today. BUT I agree with Saban's decisions. I haven't liked some of the outcomes, but we are a better team than last year. The parts need to work together. I want to build on what we have here. A FEW key pieces are what we need. I agree. Don't change the whole team.

add a good OLB like Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas, maybe Asante Samuel or another corner and add some young depth players but keep the defense mostly the same. we need better o-line players and a new FB on offense, new kicker also. just a few little additions, nothing major

PerfectFinz72 said:

nearly everyone in the secondary except Daniels. That was a big change

nick1 said:
add a good OLB like Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas, maybe Asante Samuel or another corner and add some young depth players but keep the defense mostly the same. we need better o-line players and a new FB on offense, new kicker also. just a few little additions, nothing major

lance briggs is going to want a lot of money, i would love to have samuel on the team, im all for bringing the pats over to the dark side.

I agree with not having a ton of turnover this year. We should look to add some key guys like:

Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas
Nate Clements or Asante Samuel

Draft a DT early as well as a LT and another OLB.

- The DT will be able to play with Traylor, plus we have Wright and Vickerson.

- The LT will be able to eventually take over for D-Mac

- OLB for Future to go along with Crowder and Briggs or Thomas

*Added bonus
Ricky will be back and we'll have the 2-headed monster again. Probably the best 1-2 Punch in the league.

it definetly killed us starting over it took our secondary a few games to get it right, but we missed lance shulters to me, he held it down but y. bell, since they started him our defense has picked it up a bit, they should of axed all of the line too

p-double said:
it definetly killed us starting over it took our secondary a few games to get it right, but we missed lance shulters to me, he held it down but y. bell, since they started him our defense has picked it up a bit, they should of axed all of the line too

True, but we wont have any where near as much turnover in DBs this offseason, which means we wont have anywhere between 2 and 4 new starters just learning the coverage schemes. I think the Allens, Bell, Goodman and Daniels (if he stays healthy) will be a good group for us for a long time.

One thing is for certain, though...I will be flat-out pissed if we miss the playoffs next year due to a slow start . :mad:

Back
Top Bottom