don't fret yet, niners in contract discussions with all 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

don't fret yet, niners in contract discussions with all 3

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
apparently the niners are discussing contracts with smith, rodgers and edwards.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8397887

Also says they have discussed trading down with all of the first 10 teams to pick but haven't received a can't miss offer.

just thought i'd post this to calm all those fretting at joe schad's report that they are talking contract with smith.

PS. sorry if this has already been posted

I think its fairly obvious that those would be the guys.

San Fran would love to trade down and the two most coveted guys in the draft are Smith and Edwards.

I still think Rodgers will be going #1 overall to the 49ers.

i think we should stay away from smith, his agent tom condon is an absolute assh*le

49er's may have a hard time finding a trade part.

if miami is so willing to trade they pick why trade with the 9er's

when the 1 pick carries a much bigger price tag (and will cost more in picks and cash)

I am pretty sure the 49ers know exactly who they want - but talking with all of them might create some team panicking and trading with them instead of the Fins or the Browns. by showing interest in Edwards they could scare the Vikings , by showing interest in Smith, they could scare the Bucs.
Let us hope that no team will trade with the 49ers because that would leave us without any chance to trade down.

Lederhosen said:
I am pretty sure the 49ers know exactly who they want - but talking with all of them might create some team panicking and trading with them instead of the Fins or the Browns. by showing interest in Edwards they could scare the Vikings , by showing interest in Smith, they could scare the Bucs.
Let us hope that no team will trade with the 49ers because that would leave us without any chance to trade down.

Well, if Minny is already talking with Miami, then they probably realize that we might not ask as much for #2 than SF would require for #1. If you think about it, we are sitting in a pretty good seat because all this stuff will be hashed out before the draft but probably wont happen until the pick is actually made, which makes the stakes a little more pressured. Minny could be thinking we wont pay that high (they will inquire with SF) and just wait for Miami because they know we may be more willing to trade down. Minny will have a backup plan to draft Williamson or someone else.

Al13 said:
i think we should stay away from smith, his agent tom condon is an absolute assh*le

I wonder what the look on Saban's face would be if he heard something like this. The issue here is not the agent, it is the player.

Back
Top Bottom