Dont kill me DIEHARDS........but | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont kill me DIEHARDS........but

Finfolife

Scout Team
Reaction score
I have been a DIEHARD DOLPH since the womb. But, I have a question would you DIEHARDS start Brendon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, or Channing Crowder over Zack(54) for speed purpose only. I have noticed and I'm sure you guys have to seen how teams take advantage of Zacks(54) lack of speed. Dont get me wrong ZACK is the MAN. But speed on defense is extremely important IN ALL AREAS. FEEDBACK PLEASE. WAR FINNNSSSSSS!!!!!1

Finfolife said:
I have been a DIEHARD DOLPH since the womb. But, I have a question would you DIEHARDS start Brendon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, or Channing Crowder over Zack(54) for speed purpose only. I have noticed and I'm sure you guys have to seen how teams take advantage of Zacks(54) lack of speed. Dont get me wrong ZACK is the MAN. But speed on defense is extremely important IN ALL AREAS. FEEDBACK PLEASE. WAR FINNNSSSSSS!!!!!1
Dont forget about the injuries(54)Derrick Pope is'nt bad either. WAR FINNS!!!!!!

I wouldn't start any of those guys over Zach, speedy or not. Crowder is obviously going to supplant Zach but for now I start Zach, no questions asked.

kingnate85 said:
I wouldn't start any of those guys over Zach, speedy or not. Crowder is obviously going to supplant Zach but for now I start Zach, no questions asked.

No questions asked? I don't think any player deserves to start, no questions asked. If Zach is outperformed by someone, then shouldn't that person play? Zach may be a popular guy, but if he was to lose his job legitimately, then that's just the way the ball bounces.
All that said, it would be weird to see Zach in a back up role.

zach gets burned when they have him man to man on deep routes...which i dont know why happens but i've seen it

first of all, the problem with zack is not his speed. in fact, thats one of the few things he is still good at. the problem is his size. other teams have figured out how to block zack from making plays and are putting more physical people such as centers and fullbacks on him when blocking. that is a big reason y we should switch to the 3-4, because it allows either zack or the other inside linebacker, whoever it may be, to make plays that zack used to make.

kingnate85 said:

I agree with this guy but if i had to choose a guy from your group I would go with Brendon Ayanbadejo just because I like him and I think he deserves a chance to prove himself

runronnierum23 said:
first of all, the problem with zack is not his speed. in fact, thats one of the few things he is still good at. the problem is his size. other teams have figured out how to block zack from making plays and are putting more physical people such as centers and fullbacks on him when blocking. that is a big reason y we should switch to the 3-4, because it allows either zack or the other inside linebacker, whoever it may be, to make plays that zack used to make.

Nice post I agree with this also and welcome:D

runronnierum23 said:

But the 3-4 gives guards a direct shot at him. Zach has been protected in the 4-3. Whenever Saban goes 3-4 I would expect to see JT moving a lot forcing teams to find him and not scheme Zach. In effect, protecting Zach.

Finfolife said:

Maybe in 3 years, or even 2, but not now will anyone on the roster threaten his spot. MLB is the least of our worries

Zach is NOT slow by any means at all plus he knows where, faster than anybody, where the play is going to end up which gives him another step. Zach is still Pro Bowl quality and will be for another 2 or 3 years.

SCall13 said:
No questions asked? I don't think any player deserves to start, no questions asked. If Zach is outperformed by someone, then shouldn't that person play? Zach may be a popular guy, but if he was to lose his job legitimately, then that's just the way the ball bounces.
All that said, it would be weird to see Zach in a back up role.

I guess if one of those guys beat out Zach then they deserve the job but I just don't see that happening in the next year or two. Seau would probably get beat out before Zach did.

Phin-o-rama said:
zach gets burned when they have him man to man on deep routes...which i dont know why happens but i've seen it

How many middle LB's don't get burned on deep routes?:shakeno: They ALL do. They are LB's, not cornerbacks or safeties.

Speed....

Channing..(6'2")speed demon, Pope..(5'11")..more speed than Zack..Ayanbadejo..(6'1")..more speed and athelitcism than Zack also.I RESPECT YOUR OPINION..but speed I think is very important. WAR FINNNNS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom