Don’t Overthink This, Miami Dolphins. Your Starting Quarterback Should Be Josh Rosen | Opinion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t Overthink This, Miami Dolphins. Your Starting Quarterback Should Be Josh Rosen | Opinion

Rosen should obviously be the starter. That said, the fact that they threw him out there with the C team offense the other night and then said "Huh, well, he wasn't great. Guess we're going to have to go with Fitzpatrick" indicates to me that this wasn't really intended to be a competition to begin with.

Now, I didn't want there to be a competition, but the problem here is that they seem to have handed the starting spot to the wrong guy!
My big thing is I'm not in the facility to judge what they see every single day. The only way this blows up on them is if Rosen ends up showing he can be "the guy". It's a situation similar to the Texans and Watson. He showed more potential than his competition all preseason. But the coaching staff refused to play him for the favor of the veterans. Rosen has proven to be far superior in a game than Fitzpatrick and letting fitz start because of status is outright ignorant

The first 4 games are brutal on the schedule. Letting Fitz go through some of those is probably a good idea honestly.
That's what I am thinking about. I'm all for Rosen. I wanted him last year in the draft and was begging for a trade up to get him when Arizona got him, so I have nothing against Rosen at all. I just look at our o-line and wonder if anyone can do a full 16 games behind them. Can't get the punch to run much. Can't pass block very well. I know Tunsil will come back, but still, I would consider letting Fitzpatrick take a few of the early lumps and make the change at the bye, expecting the line to only improve if anything. The one problem to consider with my logic would be if injuries pile up on the line early and it only gets worse. Either way, even if I am coaching and I start Fitzpatrick, Rosen's my guy going into October, regardless of how Fitzpatrick plays.

My big thing is I'm not in the facility to judge what they see every single day. The only way this blows up on them is if Rosen ends up showing he can be "the guy". It's a situation similar to the Texans and Watson. He showed more potential than his competition all preseason. But the coaching staff refused to play him for the favor of the veterans. Rosen has proven to be far superior in a game than Fitzpatrick and letting fitz start because of status is outright ignorant

I don't care what they can see in the facility. It's all in the numbers. Number one, the team isn't making the playoffs. Number two, if the team is really bad, that actually has merit, too. You start the unproven kid and let him go out there and sling the rock and evaluate the hell out of him.

This is the easiest decision in the history of starting quarterback decisions, maybe ever.

Rosen has been "good enough" to be named the "starter." It seems like the coaching staff is giving him every opportunity to to seize the starting position.

If Fitzpatrick is the starter we hired an idiot as the coach. It make 0 sense to play a journey man qb with this team. Give Rosen the full season to see if he could be the qb of the future. If he stinks, we get a top qb in the next years draft.

I'd be pissed though if I was Fitzpatrick!

If Fitzpatrick is the starter we hired an idiot as the coach. It make 0 sense to play a journey man qb with this team. Give Rosen the full season to see if he could be the qb of the future. If he stinks, we get a top qb in the next years draft.
Nothing Flores has done indicates he's an idiot including his final decision on starting QB.

I don't care what they can see in the facility. It's all in the numbers. Number one, the team isn't making the playoffs. Number two, if the team is really bad, that actually has merit, too. You start the unproven kid and let him go out there and sling the rock and evaluate the hell out of him.

This is the easiest decision in the history of starting quarterback decisions, maybe ever.
Oh I'm on board with the playing him right away. Just trying to add their perspective. It sends a bad message as well when you see how well Rosen played and then fitzpatrick gets to play because he is the starter. That sends ripples through the team from day 1. It's okay to approach this year from a rebuilding perspective. But cheating players of opprotunity and letting poor play being rewarded in return annoys players who at their core are very competitive.

It doesn’t matter which starts because either will get you a top pick. We know what Fitz brings and if you look at Rosen at UCLA, he doesn’t bring much more. As George pointed out, its a wash.

I'd be pissed though if I was Fitzpatrick!
If he was a quality qb he wouldn't be on his 8th team. He was signed as a stop gap qb, until they made the decision to give up a 2nd and 5th for Rosen. This is about the future, not to see if Fitzpatrick has anything left in his tank, which has never been more than half tank to start with.

It doesn’t really matter who starts. There is obviously not that wide of a talent gap between the two and whoever starts is going to get killed behind that line anyway.

That being said, I would start Rosen. It would keep fans interested and I believe it would give us the best chance at getting the #1 pick.

Make no mistake. It doesn’t matter what coaches and the front office says. This year is a tank job. Of course players and coaches will try to win every game but look at our Oline and pass rushers. The organization has a plan to be really bad this year, take a qb in the top 3, and then fill the roster with all those draft picks and cap space.

Oh I'm on board with the playing him right away. Just trying to add their perspective. It sends a bad message as well when you see how well Rosen played and then fitzpatrick gets to play because he is the starter. That sends ripples through the team from day 1. It's okay to approach this year from a rebuilding perspective. But cheating players of opprotunity and letting poor play being rewarded in return annoys players who at their core are very competitive.

Most guys that sign here just want to party, so I am actually a little bit over the 'send the right message' stuff. It's all bullshit. Put the guys on the field who will give your franchise the best results over the long haul.

That does give me pause with Ryan Fitzpatrick, because he loves to play ball and wants to play ball, but we know what he is, and what he is is not the long term starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. So while I respect the guy and I wish we had more players with his attitude, at some point you just have to accept the reality of the situation. And the reality is this team needs to find out ASAP if Josh Rosen is good enough for the Miami Dolphins to draft someone other than Tua or Justin Herbert in the first round of the 2020 NFL draft.

It's amazing how people that hated tannehill cry about the line play now. Of the three players, tannehill is better.

It's amazing how people that hated tannehill cry about the line play now. Of the three players, tannehill is better.

Agree with this and watching Tennessee preseason is showing Tannehill being solid behind a decent line. In any case, Fitzpatrick has shown nothing so far, Rosen deserves a shot and I think Flores will know this by week one

I said before that the job should not be handed to Rosen...but if it’s a legit question which QB deserves to be the starter? You make it Rosen.

That’s where we are now.

Back
Top Bottom