Don’t rush to buy a Miami Dolphins Jarvis Landry jersey just yet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t rush to buy a Miami Dolphins Jarvis Landry jersey just yet

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
So did you hear Gase or Grier or Tannenbaum say anything remotely akin to “We definitely want Jarvis Landry back”?

I didn’t.

Last season when Kenny Stills, one of Gase’s favorite players, hit free agency, everything the team said was about wanting Stills back while adding that the price point would determine the decision.

And that’s a notable difference between Stills and Landry as far as the Dolphins are concerned. Because Miami coaches believe that Stills works on his craft and is a detail-oriented professional who does things as the team wants it done as often as possible.

Landry?

The internal thinking is that he’s a gifted player who sometimes tries to do things as coaches want. And sometimes doesn’t.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article192827284.html#storylink=cpy

My read on the situation is that the Dolphins told Landry he needed to settle down and run plays the way they're drawn up, and stop letting his temper get the best of him. And for a while he seemed like he had it under control, but then weeks 16 and 17 happened.

I don't think it was just the fight. He displayed some nasty extracurricular behavior against the Chiefs, too.

He plays with heart and passion if everyone else did we wouldn't suck. I'd take a whole team of Landry's. He isn't out there to make friends it's football a violent sport half these fans think he is supposed to act like it's a tea party

He plays with heart and passion if everyone else did we wouldn't suck. I'd take a whole team of Landry's. He isn't out there to make friends it's football a violent sport half these fans think he is supposed to act like it's a tea party

There are lots of players that play with fire and passion...some though (Landry and Ramsey come to mind) where the passion starts to hurt the team.

My read on the situation is that the Dolphins told Landry he needed to settle down and run plays the way they're drawn up, and stop letting his temper get the best of him. And for a while he seemed like he had it under control, but then weeks 16 and 17 happened.

I don't think it was just the fight. He displayed some nasty extracurricular behavior against the Chiefs, too.
His behavior kind of confirmed the front offices view of him IMHO. Let him walk and take the 3rd round comp pick

Some teams have the privilege to let go of star players who have minor issues. We are not one of those teams. This board highly underestimates how important Jarvis is to this team, low YPC and penalties or not.

Then you would have a whole lot more 15 yd penalties

And the article had this to say...
Many people will read the past few paragraphs and love Landry’s fire and passion while dismissing his lack of professionalism.

But that episode, Landry’s disregard for what coaches try to teach him, and his outbursts (including ones we haven’t seen) all are going to determine his worth to the Dolphins as much as the fact that he led the NFL in catches.

Where does it leave us?

Last edited:
At this point it may just be a little posturing for negotiating the contract. I believe there is a price they are willing to pay. However, they could try to broker a deal on draft day.

i'm pretty sure that gase didn't say he wanted stills back at the same press conference last year but at the pre combine presser just before free agency

Not a big fan of his to begin with so his Jersey ?....nope...his play is replaceable (stats)....his passion is borderline destructive and his mistakes due to his behavior are disgraceful and hurt the team...if we can get anything for his departure I am all in....maybe his lack of maturity will ease off before his value (stats) decrease...but he would serve himself AND our team somewhere else with a team that has more stability than we do....

If he was our only issue as a team maybe his temperament could be somewhat curbed or better channeled....but we have a ways to go and his lack of development (maturity) is too much maintenance for a team that is (or needs to be) focused on building a competitor and building consistency....I would not count on Landry as a building block....maybe a missing piece

when will mando retract that whole thing about the dolphins see tannehills knee as 2 separate injuries? guess we don't get that...cause gase pretty much countered that with this last presser as not being the case...

mando is good for some things bad for others...like that fire everyone on the staff and change up personnel cause the qb sucks

No just act like a freaking professional. But hey you people in the Looney bin will cheer anything on it seems

when will mando retract that whole thing about the dolphins see tannehills knee as 2 separate injuries? guess we don't get that...cause gase pretty much countered that with this last presser as not being the case...

mando is good for some things bad for others...like that fire everyone on the staff and change up personnel cause the qb sucks

I think to someone just looking at it casually, it's easy to say "two knee injuries." Fine, whatever.

But from what was reported ("no additional damage") the only way I can read that is "They discovered that the knee wasn't stable after rehab and he just needed to bite the bullet and get the reconstruction."

That's not quite the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom