Dont Trade Down, TRADE UP | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont Trade Down, TRADE UP

KillerJosh373

Starter
Reaction score
I think this team needs a Franchise QB. I like Feeley, he could be good. But when will be in the top 5 again? Maybe not for 10 years. I think Alex Smith could be an elite QB in the NFL. He's smart, athletic,throws wih good accuracy and I from what I saw from some clips his arm strength may be underrated. Would a 2nd. rd. pick get it done to move up to #1? I like Edwards, he defenitely wouldnt be a bad pick,but considering that we already have decent recivers I just cant resist thinking about getting aggressve and getting a true impact player that could turn this team around. Some may call me crazy, but I wouldnt be surprised if that 2nd. rd. pick acquired for Surtain might end up going to San Fran.

???

Neither QB is worth the contract required of a #1 pick and everyone knows it (although I do think Smith will be an above avg. QB). Only a couple of teams may feel the desperation to move up to take them. No way we trade up and it isn't the best move when we're trying to acquire picks.....not lose them.

I don't thinks thats a very good idea. Franchise QB's are tough to find yes but I think there are others out there that can be had at a cheaper price. I think Feeley deserves a full season to show his stuff and if he does not work out we start looking next year for a new QB.

what an awful, terrible idea. No offense. But in a year when we have so few picks, trading up to get an above average rookie is insane.

This kid has FIEDLER IS GOD in his sig.:rolleyes:
Don't take him seriously.:tongue:

Good teams get the best players. QBs dont fall from trees and the Fins have a chance now to get 1. Wannstedt would never trade up to get a Franchise QB are you kidding me? He'd stay at 2 and take Ronnie Brown. Im not saying for sure this will happen, but I wouldnt be surprised if it had been discussed in the Fins draft room. I know salary cap has a lot to do with these decisions, and for that reason Smith just might not work out. But keep this in mind Smith will know our offense better then Feeley this year, Scott Linehan helped design Utahs offense. Also, noone here seems to think what about next year? Will Feeley really be a great QB in his 2nd year, he may show potential but hes going to be in a new offense again this year and its just a big risk to hinge so much of the teams future on him. I expect a good defense and great coaching to keep this team decent, so I really dont see many chances down the road to take a top QB. Saban should be aggresive and if he believes that Smith is the guy (From what I've heard he's #1 on our draft board) he shouldnt be afraid to do what needs to get done and get that Franchise QB.

But to give up a #2. Then we our at the same postion we our always at. Little draft picks, and this team has some holes to fill other then qb. We need all the draft picks we can muster. To swap 1sts and give up our 2nd, IMO isnot wise.

You people just don't understand the value of a Franchise QB. Smith is our future and it is hanging by a thread. The future is NOT with the vick/slash clones in the NFL, it will belong to the Peyton Mannings. As always.

Smith is the BEST prospect this year, and the best other than Leinart (who we won't get) next year.

If we miss out on Smith, we will not have a QB until Saban's THIRD year. Then maybe the team improves... want to wait that long?

I have been saying trade up also. Do what it takes. There will be a draft next year and it WILL HAVE RB, WR, OL, DL. Get those guys then, It WILL NOT HAVE QB's.

Unless you guys want next year for us to trade our whole draft for Leinart, one hour from now is our LAST chance at QB until 2007.

Not sure if this was mentioned, bu Sal P just said that if SF doesnt trade down and take Smith, that Miami, Clev, and TB may actively try to trade for him. This is the 1st Ive heard of miami trying to trade up basically to get Smith.

Back
Top Bottom