Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, May 14, 2019.

1. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

That's awesome man. Cool to hear and to have you.

SeanH32 and GUH-sick-EE like this.
  2. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid Donator

But its us realists who are haters.

Every year people here get the proverbial junk punch when reality sets in. It seems they have learned nothing and want another.

5 win team. Fitz is replaced by week 3, and Rosen shows his inability to maneuver a pocket, look backside or escape the pocket.

3. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Well hell, now I'm a fan.

As a guy who was supposed to be a writer and hasn't turned into one professionally, I can tell you this:

Writers...write. Don't ever stop if it's what you want to do.

SeanH32 likes this.
  4. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

You're getting yourself this worked up over people on a message board being happy and optimistic about future events...

...but they're the ones who are sick?

jtoomuch, AZStryker, BSQ and 2 others like this.
  5. FinPhan54

FinPhan54 Well-Known Member

This is one of the best posts I’ve seen on here in a long time. We can’t focus on 16 games, especially with this team.

We have REALLY struggled in the last 2 regimes (Philhin and Gase) to do the little things right. We have talked this big game about these fast offenses and we lost site of little things, like you said converting 3rd downs and giving the D a breather.

I want to get back to playing complete team football.

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  6. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

One thing Miami has in its favor is a lot of young talent that can emerge. Hopefully this coaching staff is an upgrade and we'll see that happening with a handful of players.

7. SF Dolphin Fan

Exactly. That quarterback position is just such a big key. If Rosen begins to emerge a .500 season is possible. I don't know about playoffs, but stranger things have happened in the NFL.

8. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

If goodell thinks he can make a buck on it we might end up seeing one.

Daytona Fin likes this.
  9. SF Dolphin Fan

Lots of questions for sure. That right side of the offensive line looks scary in a bad way.

I don't know who is rushing the quarterback. Not sure who plays defensive end. Have to assume at this point that Wilkins gets a lot of snaps there.

The wildcard for Miami is really Rosen and a few other young players who could emerge. Plus, I agree with you on running the ball. Miami appeared to prioritize run blockers this offseasons with Deiter, Reed, Prince etc.

10. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

Classic

My first thought

11. sfloridafan

sfloridafan Well-Known Member

Its not likely, but I would love to see a miracle Superbowl win just for the sheer salt it would generate from the rest of the league.

Back to earth, I think this teams potential might be better, but injuries and lack of depth will likely kneecap them the moment they look anything near "legitimate playoff run."

12. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

Many things have the potential to be better this year, and most of it starts with coaching, and fundamentals.

There was really no possible way to build depth, to any degree for the upcomming season.

The good news though, is that "depth" should be a built in given for the following year.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and this team will not be either.

sfloridafan likes this.
  13. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Though I said there was no way Miami was going to come close to the worst record in football to get Tua (Especially if the coaching is as good as I hope they are), their schedule is brutal, so....

If Miami gets 5-7 wins, depending od how Rosen looked, Miami will be going into the draft with huge ammunition to either move to get one of the top QBs or draft away to creating a contender.

If Miami gets 8-10 wins, but miss the playoffs, I will be excited for the following year, will really be happy to see the FA, and draft, and will look forward to the progression of Josh Rosen in 2020.

9-11 wins, in the playoffs, I will spend the rest of the week asking people to pinch as run around in excitement.

12 wins or more, I will be rediculoisly happy for 30 seconds, until I realize no need to be pinched, I am in a dream, guess enjoy it until I wake up.

cullenbigcstill likes this.
  14. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Some people just don't want anything to change for what I can see. This team is not even close to be ready to make the playoffs. We have a lot of holes. If this team makes the playoffs then this coaching staff is the greatest coaching staff in history.

15. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Dat roster tho

NBP81 likes this.