Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Here we go - we go from being on top of the scrape heap in March, to now sneaking into the playoffs.

Brian-Flores-678x381.jpg

I truly believe I might be on my own here standing on the table for the Dolphins.

Arguably the biggest criticism of the 2018 squad is that they were quite dull and boring. Besides the ‘Miami Miracle’ play against the Patriots, I cannot think of anything of relevance that they did last year. Finishing the 2018 season 7-9, it may seem to Dolphins fans that they are often stuck in the purgatory of finishing between the playoffs and the early picks of the draft. While many claimed Miami were potentially ‘Tanking for Tua’ this year, I can’t help but think that they have some potential to be a wildcard team this year. They have a good young core of players and I am a fan of the coaching changes they have made.

https://franchisesports.co.uk/miami-dolphins-could-sneak-wildcard-2019/

When I think of criticisms with the 2018 team, "dull and boring" don't really come to mind

Genuinely I just want to see development from younger players. Wins will come if we are indeed doing this the right way. Not saying we will see the fruits on this true rebuild this season. In the immediate future id like to see us convert a third down or two. Perhaps give the defense a breather. That would be a good start.

We have acquired more than enough ammunition for 2020 to swing for the fences this year. The brilliant trade to move down in the 2nd round really solidified our current structure, factor in the Rosen acquisition and even the most staunch detractors must admit we’ve set ourselves up marvelously for the now & the future. We control our own destiny!

I do have hopes that our defense will improve this year and that some lesser talked about players will shine in this new defense (Godchaux and Taylor come to mind).
On offense I don’t think “boring” was the problem. Too gimmicky too often was one big problem. It’s great t have wrinkles in your game plan, but sometimes you don’t want to see a handoff out of shotgun on 3rd and 1, or a slow developing WR screen on 3rd and long. If we have an offense that can execute a simple dive play or slant pattern and win those downs I’ll be happy.

Yep, Atila......the off-season......where hope springs eternal. And then.......September hits us! :(

:)

Not sure if wildcard is in the cards but people will be utterly surprised that we probably will look better than most predicted.

you're correct, and honestly i was feeling too with what appeared to be all the offseason moves that we were tanking. Im not getting my hopes up, but the team could potentially be equal to or better than what we had last year record wise. we didnt really get worse, we just lost names..

i loved RT17, one of his biggest (non-psychotic supporters) Fitz would be equal to him, Rosen POTENTIALLY better,
Lost leading rusher in are old man Gore, but really all he did was hold back potential development of Drake and Ballage
lost leading WR in Amendola, he was gutsy and scrappy, but when DA is your leading wr for a season...well yeah, this position is better if grant and wilson get and stay healthy. i know we are not the patriots but i dont remember them being gimmicky so hope grant can find a role.
Losing James will hurt the offense most but he wasnt worth the money, but if weiter starts and is good then at least the left side of the line is shored up and they can work around that, hopefully not getting hit in every damn gap like last year.

on D, always loved wake and his energy, the non hold calls have kept him from having HOF numbers, but seems like his games would come in spurts and disappear in spurts, Quinn was just a name, Branch was just a waste, and thats all we lost from teh D, a new scheme and heck D is automatically better.

so im not getting hopes up and screaming playoffs, but honestly this really isnt a tank 3-5 win team IMHO. i think we are 7-9, 8-8 with a shitton of bullets to fire for division in 2020 if Rosen and the coaching staff pan out

Back
Top Bottom