Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot

Hello all. I actually wrote this article from Essex, England. To to see it being discussed all the way over there is a huge buzz. I'm an amateur writer (as you can tell from the terrible analysis ) who just does it as a fun hobby and honestly just wanted to write something interesting about the Dolphins. I genuinely like your team and hope you do well. I'll be rooting for you guys even more now.

Again, thanks. Pretty cool to read your feedback. Go Fins!

That's awesome man. Cool to hear and to have you.

EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON.

THIS is why you all have meltdowns by midseason, because you ACTUALLY thought *there was a chance* we could make the playoffs.

Stop doing this to yourselves. You're sick.

But its us realists who are haters.

Every year people here get the proverbial junk punch when reality sets in. It seems they have learned nothing and want another.

5 win team. Fitz is replaced by week 3, and Rosen shows his inability to maneuver a pocket, look backside or escape the pocket.

Hello all. I actually wrote this article from Essex, England. To to see it being discussed all the way over there is a huge buzz. I'm an amateur writer (as you can tell from the terrible analysis ) who just does it as a fun hobby and honestly just wanted to write something interesting about the Dolphins. I genuinely like your team and hope you do well. I'll be rooting for you guys even more now.

Again, thanks. Pretty cool to read your feedback. Go Fins!

Well hell, now I'm a fan.

As a guy who was supposed to be a writer and hasn't turned into one professionally, I can tell you this:

Writers...write. Don't ever stop if it's what you want to do.

EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON.

THIS is why you all have meltdowns by midseason, because you ACTUALLY thought *there was a chance* we could make the playoffs.

Stop doing this to yourselves. You're sick.

You're getting yourself this worked up over people on a message board being happy and optimistic about future events...

...but they're the ones who are sick?

Genuinely I just want to see development from younger players. Wins will come if we are indeed doing this the right way. Not saying we will see the fruits on this true rebuild this season. In the immediate future id like to see us convert a third down or two. Perhaps give the defense a breather. That would be a good start.

This is one of the best posts I’ve seen on here in a long time. We can’t focus on 16 games, especially with this team.

We have REALLY struggled in the last 2 regimes (Philhin and Gase) to do the little things right. We have talked this big game about these fast offenses and we lost site of little things, like you said converting 3rd downs and giving the D a breather.

I want to get back to playing complete team football.

One thing Miami has in its favor is a lot of young talent that can emerge. Hopefully this coaching staff is an upgrade and we'll see that happening with a handful of players.

If we get anywhere near a wildcard playoff berth we struck gold with coaching and quarterback
Exactly. That quarterback position is just such a big key. If Rosen begins to emerge a .500 season is possible. I don't know about playoffs, but stranger things have happened in the NFL.

I do not believe this team can adequately put pressure on the QB, and I do not feel confident they can stop the run, although I feel better about that bit than I did pre-draft.

I am not particularly confident about the QB position for this year, although I certainly think Rosen has the talent to be a top-tier QB. The health of Grant and Wilson makes me question the WR corps, and the offensive line scares the bejeezus out of me.

I *do* like the coaching/advisory staff. If the Fins run a ground-heavy offense, execute game plans well, and lots of questionable areas solidify, they could possibly have a winning season. I do not believe that will occur. I see 3-4 wins.
Lots of questions for sure. That right side of the offensive line looks scary in a bad way.

I don't know who is rushing the quarterback. Not sure who plays defensive end. Have to assume at this point that Wilkins gets a lot of snaps there.

The wildcard for Miami is really Rosen and a few other young players who could emerge. Plus, I agree with you on running the ball. Miami appeared to prioritize run blockers this offseasons with Deiter, Reed, Prince etc.

Its not likely, but I would love to see a miracle Superbowl win just for the sheer salt it would generate from the rest of the league.

Back to earth, I think this teams potential might be better, but injuries and lack of depth will likely kneecap them the moment they look anything near "legitimate playoff run."

Its not likely, but I would love to see a miracle Superbowl win just for the sheer salt it would generate from the rest of the league.

Back to earth, I think this teams potential might be better, but injuries and lack of depth will likely kneecap them the moment they look anything near "legitimate playoff run."
Many things have the potential to be better this year, and most of it starts with coaching, and fundamentals.

There was really no possible way to build depth, to any degree for the upcomming season.

The good news though, is that "depth" should be a built in given for the following year.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and this team will not be either.

Though I said there was no way Miami was going to come close to the worst record in football to get Tua (Especially if the coaching is as good as I hope they are), their schedule is brutal, so....

If Miami gets 5-7 wins, depending od how Rosen looked, Miami will be going into the draft with huge ammunition to either move to get one of the top QBs or draft away to creating a contender.

If Miami gets 8-10 wins, but miss the playoffs, I will be excited for the following year, will really be happy to see the FA, and draft, and will look forward to the progression of Josh Rosen in 2020.

9-11 wins, in the playoffs, I will spend the rest of the week asking people to pinch as run around in excitement.

12 wins or more, I will be rediculoisly happy for 30 seconds, until I realize no need to be pinched, I am in a dream, guess enjoy it until I wake up.

Some people just don't want anything to change for what I can see. This team is not even close to be ready to make the playoffs. We have a lot of holes. If this team makes the playoffs then this coaching staff is the greatest coaching staff in history.

Back
Top Bottom