Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot

In my opinion, this roster is depleted enough to determine something pretty clearly:

if the Dolphins make the playoffs in 2019, then the QB situation AND the coaching situation are good enough to move forward feeling confident about them.

If we produce 5+ impact starters from this off-season and the new coaching staff is
the bomb and we get upgraded play from our core players from last season and
miss Parker becomes a dominant male when Jupiter aligns with Mars on the
black sabbath with professor plum miss kitty doc and uncle Jed we have
landed on Fantasy Island!

At this point in the season, I do not see how we lose a single game.

Im usually the biggest offseason homer you can find... But I cant even see this roster getting more than 5-6 wins this time around. Not saying that in a bad way because it'll be interesting to watch regardless of the teams record, but I dont see how this defense stops anyone from scoring. Their most glaring weakness is a direct 8 lane free way leading to touchdowns. I mean Rosen could end up with a 100+ rating and it wouldnt be enough IMO...

This team if properly coached last year should have won 10 games. Cinci, Indy and Jags were all winnable and If the team was 9-6 going into week 17 we might have seen a different game. There is enough talent on this team to be a Cinderella if we avoid the injury bug and they respond well to Flores. I mean last years team didn’t feature it’s biggest playmaker in Drake, Parker was in the Dog House all year and the TE’s were never used in Gases got to run the play I say with no adjustments attitude. I think they left a lot in the table with the way Gase handled the O and wouldn’t hold Burke accountable on the D, he lost the club after Indy.

That said, I don’t see it but anything is possible and short of the DE position there’s enough talent out there injury free.

Just checked with my magic 8 ball three times and it said, "Outlook not good," then "Don't count on it," and "My reply is no."

More like a sneak up on a top three pick. May even kick the door in.

I feel better about the Coaching situation than I have since Shula. There is something about Flores that is super inspiring and I think his choices of assistants was totally brilliant. Flores doesn't have a fragile ego, like Goose, and quickly surrounded himself with an outstanding staff. Bringing in Jim Caldwell to coach up Josh Rosen may turn out to pay the hugest dividends of all. Flores had so much respect at NE that Chad O'Shea and Patrick Graham came with him to the Dolphins to coach the O and D respectively. So, we picked NE's pocket and for once we got over on somebody! The FO has been stellar and congrats to Grier for bringing in heavyweight help. No more fragile egos in Miami, thank goodness.

Will all this translate to wins this season? That is super hard to predict cause it depends on dozens of factors. But, once you get the FO and Coaching solved your a QB away from having the winning trifecta of FO, Coach and QB. If Rosen is our guy then we've got it! That would give us a real chance going forward. I think patience is needed because all of these new pieces need time and reps together but we're building something here and I think, at long last, we are going about it the right way. It's going to be an exciting year!! And we were gonna tank!!

There is some serious Should of, Would of, Could of, in this fanciful thread of the year

The blind optimism is ... well if nothing else lightening my day

Every team in the AFC East is loading up to win now and we are playing it safe with FAs, allowing starters to walk building a war chest of draft picks yet we will be the most improved - in the division - interesting takes very interesting

And I love the qualifier “injury free” like Cinderella didn’t lose her slipper and the carriage didn’t turn back into a pumpkin at 12 midnight -

On what football planet will there not be injuries - not to forget the poor sods who play less than 100 percent

On what planet do you win every game you should and pick out games you shouldn’t win but do - like the Miami Miracle

So here is to an “injury free” season - no pressure boys - don’t get injured or we are screwed

Start making your sacrifices to the football Gods - burn your Brandon Marshall jerseys

Miami will win the opener and not win again until December. Probably not good enough for a Wild Card.

Im usually the biggest offseason homer you can find... But I cant even see this roster getting more than 5-6 wins this time around. Not saying that in a bad way because it'll be interesting to watch regardless of the teams record, but I dont see how this defense stops anyone from scoring. Their most glaring weakness is a direct 8 lane free way leading to touchdowns. I mean Rosen could end up with a 100+ rating and it wouldnt be enough IMO...

You'll be surprised at how just not running the wide 9 will improve run defense.

Miami will suck, but the team will be improved as weird as that sound .

Back
Top Bottom