Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t Write Off The Miami Dolphins, They Could Sneak A Wildcard Spot

I’m a torn fan lol, I want to be a competitive team where Flores will and demeanor inspires the team, id also like Tua as our Qb of the future.

I am not torn one bit. I want flores to do well and win now. I don't understand anything else. Maybe in the old NFL, but today, worst to first is a reality every year.

I am not torn one bit. I want flores to do well and win now. I don't understand anything else. Maybe in the old NFL, but today, worst to first is a reality every year.
Ok, I respect that, I guess I can’t see that happening so my brain is trying to find the best case scenario, which would be to secure the QB of the future above all else if given the option..

But, if we are in position to get Tua, what does that say about this staff?? Ugh... torn I tell ya.. lol

Ok, I respect that, I guess I can’t see that happening so my brain is trying to find the best case scenario, which would be to secure the QB of the future above all else if given the option..

But, if we are in position to get Tua, what does that say about this staff?? Ugh... torn I tell ya.. lol

I get that, it is hard to see it happening.

What is says is gloom and doomers will live in a happy world. Miami wins 2-3 under Flores? He's not what we thought. Doom and gloom.
He wins 6-7 games and Miami can't get a top QB? Miami lost a chance at a once-in-a-generation QB. Doom and gloom.
Rosen looks good? See above.

My problem is the 'sneak' part of the OP. Clearly, any team can sneak in if everything goes right. It's all about the odds. Miami has a LOT of unknowns. I won't be surprised with 3 or 8 wins. Wildcard? Possible, but quite unlikely.

What is says is gloom and doomers will live in a happy world. Miami wins 2-3 under Flores? He's not what we thought. Doom and gloom.
He wins 6-7 games and Miami can't get a top QB? Miami lost a chance at a once-in-a-generation QB. Doom and gloom.
Rosen looks good? See above.

My problem is the 'sneak' part of the OP. Clearly, any team can sneak in if everything goes right. It's all about the odds. Miami has a LOT of unknowns. I won't be surprised with 3 or 8 wins. Wildcard? Possible, but quite unlikely.

I mean it’s really got to be a tough situation for all the parties involved..

Flores is only gonna coach one way, and that’s to win, Grier I’m sure what’s to get that QB this franchise hasn’t had in decades, Ross wants Tua, in the back of everyone’s minds in this staff came from a program that watched an elite qb play for years, so I’m sure they covet that position.

Does posting 6,7,8 wins mean more to the big picture of the franchise then getting the #1 spot, and if not, then how can you secure that spot with compromising the integrity of the team...and there’s only one to do that.

Having the front office liquidate all current assets for future assets..

I mean if the front office doesn’t think Reshad, Kiko, McDonald are part of the future then why not move them, I understand we’re gonna take cap hits, but it does make sense if we’re thinking big picture, which is something I don’t see being out of the realm, and on the other hand, I don’t think you can send the players in the team currently that a fire sale is taking place to get the top pick next year..

It’s really a tough situation for all parties involved including us fans.jmo.

I need a drink..

I mean a rebuild is a rebuild..and all that it entails..

Can a team of hungry players understand playing while liquidating is something they can buy in??

I don’t think that’s possible.

I mean a rebuild is a rebuild..and all that it entails..

Can a team of hungry players understand playing while liquidating is something they can buy in??

I don’t think that’s possible.

OTOH, hungry players should play their hearts out, knowing the team is looking for long-term starters

RT is a concern, but they made the right choice, given the $.

Our pass rushers weren't getting it done. Continuing to do the same thing, and expecting different results...... Well, you know.

It was the right moves.....just debating that we didn’t lose talent...I think to expect a playoff season is unrealistic!

This team might win 5 games. Last year they won 7 games. Now I know that everyone hates gase. But he was decent at winning close games and he was decent in the division.

That’s not going to keep happening in my opinion. We upgraded at qb and didn’t lose much talent. Wake had his moments but wasn’t dominant. But the problem is we brought in nothing. Losing Burke was our best move. Our number one pick will help but honestly we are depending on scrubs to help front 7.

Injuries will happen and they can’t be an excuse. Last year that wasn’t allowed. Our ceiling is 6 wins. Probably get 4 or 5 after injuries. Long season. We just have to suffer through it. I think expectations are too high for the new staff to make a big difference as many expect.

Back
Top Bottom