Dontrelle Willis throws 3 hit shutout (his 4th), his 5th complete game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dontrelle Willis throws 3 hit shutout (his 4th), his 5th complete game

RWhitney014 said:
...and your point? Look, I just want Willis to start the game. Clemens has had a great career, but he's in the twilight of it now (:evil: ). Even if I weren't a Marlins fan, I would want to see an up-and-coming star over a guy that I repeatedly see everywhere.

:rofl3: Ouch, low blow..

No, seriously Duke, I see what your saying. I would love to see Dontrelle start the game (more so than Clemens), he's an unbelievable young talent. All I'm saying is that Clemens has had better numbers this year than D-Train has.

What really p*ssed me off though, was Miguel Cabrera not getting to start in the outfield. He's had a MUCH better season than all 3 of the starters (including Bobby Abreu, which was the only correct decision the fans made)

FaninPatsyLand said:
:rofl3: Ouch, low blow..

No, seriously Duke, I see what your saying. I would love to see Dontrelle start the game (more so than Clemens), he's an unbelievable young talent. All I'm saying is that Clemens has had better numbers this year than D-Train has.

What really p*ssed me off though, was Miguel Cabrera not getting to start in the outfield. He's had a MUCH better season than all 3 of the starters (including Bobby Abreu, which was the only correct decision the fans made)

Haha, couldn't help it. It was too easy. Yeah, Miggy should be starting. I don't mind Edmonds because he's having a pretty good year and is vastly underrated, but Beltran is ridiculous. I can name about 10 guys that aren't even on the team that could start ahead of him, including Jose Guillen and Cliffy Floyd. What can we do, though? Those New York fans...;)

I have a question, though, for anyone who's interested. Anyone who thinks a particular pitcher should start for the National League other than Willis, let me know on this particular thread. We can all collaborate on a commentary article, making the cases for each individual guy. The candidates are probably going to be Willis, Clemens, Chris Carpenter, and Livan Hernandez, but anyone else who has an opinion on someone in the game or not (Matt Morris, anyone) is welcome to chime in. If you want to take part, I'll PM you to let you know the specifics.

RWhitney014 said:
I have a question, though, for anyone who's interested. Anyone who thinks a particular pitcher should start for the National League other than Willis, let me know on this particular thread. We can all collaborate on a commentary article, making the cases for each individual guy. The candidates are probably going to be Willis, Clemens, Chris Carpenter, and Livan Hernandez, but anyone else who has an opinion on someone in the game or not (Matt Morris, anyone) is welcome to chime in. If you want to take part, I'll PM you to let you know the specifics.

What about Smoltz?? Other than him getting rocked in his first start by the Marlins, he's been fantastic for the Braves. Now I definitely don't believe that he should or will start over Willis or Clemens, but his name should definitely be mentioned if you are throwing guys like Matt Morris and Livan Hernandez into the mix. And don't forget Pedro. They've also had years that are deserving of some consideration.

FaninPatsyLand said:
What about Smoltz?? Other than him getting rocked in his first start by the Marlins, he's been fantastic for the Braves. Now I definitely don't believe that he should or will start over Willis or Clemens, but his name should definitely be mentioned if you are throwing guys like Matt Morris and Livan Hernandez into the mix. And don't forget Pedro. They've also had years that are deserving of some consideration.

Do you want to make the case for Smoltz or Pedro? Let me know.

Willis will get the nod. He deserves it. The shutouts and CGs are going to be the reason why.

Prime Time said:
Willis will get the nod. He deserves it. The shutouts and CGs are going to be the reason why.

Ssssssssshhhhhhhhh. After tonight D-Train is out of the running to start Tuesday I feel. Only one game, but not the way you want to go into the all-star break especially with the debate of who should start!

Carpenter or Roger. Probably Carpenter since his manager is in charge of this stuff. Roger in the 2nd. D-Train in the 3rd. That's my prediction

Back
Top Bottom