Dorsey/Levens? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dorsey/Levens?

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Chris Carter's Agent Contacts Fins..

Even though I view this as HIGHLY UNLIKELY...the agent for FA WR CRIS CARTER has notified the Dolphins brass about his clients interest in playing in Miami.
From what I understand...CARTER really wants to come full circle and go back to the team where BUDDY RYAN once cut him...the Philadelphia Eagles. That would be his first choice. The team that really has expressed the most interest so far has been the SAINTS...who see a CARTER/HORN scenario.
Carter's short wish list also inlcudes the RAVENS..where his ex-coach BILLICK is..and of all teams...the RAMS..where he said for the right price---he would go as a backup.
It should be noted that CARTER spends his off-season just north of Ft.Lauderdale...in BOCA RATOn....where he runs a football camp and also keeps busy with other NFL players..such as RANDY MOSS and JEVON KEARSE..who join CARTER in daily off-season workouts.
Carter is apparently looking for a 2 year deal...worth about 2 million in base salary..plus incentives.
Wanny has basically said how much he respects CARTER's work ethic...but he has remained steadfast that WR is not high on the FA priority list. It really seems that the only way the DOLPHINS would consider CARTER...is for a real low base salary cap # with incentives. Like I said...it would be very, very nice to see CARTER come here...and be a mentor to CHAMBERS...it really would. I would love for CARTER to play here...but when its all said and done....it is highly unlikely that the DOlphins would go into a bidding war for CARTER...as there are just too many other priorities right now...and quite frankly...not enough money to go around.
DCH

Carter in FA for stick of celery and lifetime supply of sardines would be a handy replacement for OJ McDuffie if he can't come back from injury. ;)

OJ is through. Not only will he never be healthy again, but with a cap number of 3.8 mil., he won't be a Dolphin next year.
Still, we'd probably have to throw in some bologna and rogaine to sweeten the pot for Carter.:lol:

we can only afford

to pay CC, Sr. the vet min. plus an incentive if he makes the Pro Bowl or the Fins reach the Super Bowl and no signing bonus

If we could clear up around 20 million dollars in cap room, I would like to see him in Miami.:)

Don't you all think that Chris Carter and Dorsey Levens would be a good grab for our team without breaking the bank?

Originally posted by mtgrizrich
Don't you all think that Chris Carter and Dorsey Levens would be a good grab for our team without breaking the bank?
They would have to be last camp additions since I expect they both want lots of money. Levens would fit in nice and is less likely to get the money he wants. CC, Sr. is still a great one so he could get paid well.

Agreed, Chris Carter isn't only after the $$$ though

...he claims to want to join a contender. Miami may qualify for the playoffs regularly but he would need convincing (as some of us do) that this outfit can go further.

Seems too, that receivers are a long way down on the priority list this year.;)

Re: Agreed, Chris Carter isn't only after the $$$ though

Originally posted by GazPhin
[BSeems too, that receivers are a long way down on the priority list this year.;) [/B]
only every other position on the team other than CB and we need to re-sgn or replace Cousins so maybe even CB :eek:

Gaz Phin

Originally posted by GazPhin
...he claims to want to join a contender. Miami may qualify for the playoffs regularly but he would need convincing (as some of us do) that this outfit can go further.

Seems too, that receivers are a long way down on the priority list this year.;)

I know this is off the mark, and not football related but do you know where Oyster Bay in Wales is? My dad is currently living in Surrey.

Re: Levens would be alright...

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
But Carter and his attitude can go elsewhere. I'd rather start last years guys.

:monkey: carter
too bad we can't keep all last years guys, with a different line of course.:stooges:

Back
Top Bottom