Dose anybody really know what Sage's abilities really are? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dose anybody really know what Sage's abilities really are?

SanDiegoDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He looks big, strong, strapping and all that but if he cant play then why do we keep him. And if he is a diamond in the rough then why the heck does he always ride the freakin' pine?:eek:

SanDiegoDolphan said:
He looks big, strong, strapping and all that but if he cant play then why do we keep him. And if he is a diamond in the rough then why the heck does he always ride the freakin' pine?:eek:

The guy is a bench Warmer HE might even get beat out by Brock hehehe We Dont really need him at Qb Sage is kinda finished.

Well I saw the Baltimore game last year that he started for us. He surprised me right away with the 76 yard bomb to Chambers. But after that with the exceptions of 1 or 2 plays, he showed me why he's a 3rd string QB and showed a lot of poor decision making. I'm not quite sure why re-signed him but it looks like he may very well stay on the team unless Brock Berlin impresses our coaching staff which I honestly don't know what to expect.

Wasn't his bomb to Chambers after Fiedler got his nose smashed and then AJ hurt his rear end??? I still remember the time Feeley got smacked on the butt by a Dolphin player and seeing AJ hopping around in pain....it was kind of funny.
Sage is ok....I would still have him as our #3 and our clipboard holder over Berlin.

He's a decent 3rd stringer. We need to have at least 3 QB's on the roster so I don't mind Sage being one of them.

Roman529 said:
Wasn't his bomb to Chambers after Fiedler got his nose smashed and then AJ hurt his rear end???
Nah, Sage's bomb to Chambers was in the final game of the season against Baltimore. Week 17. AJ was injured and didn't play so Sage started.

painnotpleasure said:
Nah, Sage's bomb to Chambers was in the final game of the season against Baltimore. Week 17. AJ was injured and didn't play so Sage started.

Yeah, first play of the game. It was so refreshing to see Chambers go deep and beat his man so bad for an easy 6....without the ball being underthrown of course. Hopefully we see a lot of that this year.

painnotpleasure said:

Ohhh that's right.....last year kind of all rolled together like runny **** but thankfully we can look forward to this year.

i was at that game, and sage looked okay
i mean we lost, but it was pretty close untill the end
its not like jay or aj played much better
at least he didnt throw any picks for touchdowns....

plus, it we had won that game we woudl have dropped pretty far in the draft

painnotpleasure said:
Well I saw the Baltimore game last year that he started for us. He surprised me right away with the 76 yard bomb to Chambers. But after that with the exceptions of 1 or 2 plays, he showed me why he's a 3rd string QB and showed a lot of poor decision making. I'm not quite sure why re-signed him but it looks like he may very well stay on the team unless Brock Berlin impresses our coaching staff which I honestly don't know what to expect.

WoW!!!!! Sage played just as well in that game as Feeley did in any game he played last season(except maybe the New England Game). I just don't understand, all the excuses that everybody had for Feeley last year, but they only applied to him???? His O-line sucked, no running game, his inexperience, etc...... Do you think that one game that Sage played, the O-line played at a pro Bowl Level, our RB's turned into Jim Brown's and Sage a guy who was starting HIS FIRST game all of a sudden became a seasoned vet???? All I kept hearing from Feeley supporters was give him time, give him time it's stupid to judge him off of this season, yet Sage plays ONE GAME!!!!! And you're ready to call him garbage when he performs at about the same level that our other QB's did last season under the same circumstances

painnotpleasure said:

Yeah, much like how AJ looks - a third stringer.

All you have to do is apply all the excuses that were used for Jay Fiedler for five years and all our qb's are fine for the next half a decade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage seems to have the physical talent to be a good QB, but there has to be a reason he has always been a third stringer. I doubt the previous coaching staff was dumb enough to keep him there just because they were too rapped up in the Fiedler/Feeley debate. This year should tell us just how good he is though. He is getting a legit shot at being the starter. If he can't beat out Feeley and Frerotte and maybe even Berlin for a spot then we will know what he is made of.

outlawd2u said:
WoW!!!!! Sage played just as well in that game as Feeley did in any game he played last season(except maybe the New England Game). I just don't understand, all the excuses that everybody had for Feeley last year, but they only applied to him???? His O-line sucked, no running game, his inexperience, etc...... Do you think that one game that Sage played, the O-line played at a pro Bowl Level, our RB's turned into Jim Brown's and Sage a guy who was starting HIS FIRST game all of a sudden became a seasoned vet???? All I kept hearing from Feeley supporters was give him time, give him time it's stupid to judge him off of this season, yet Sage plays ONE GAME!!!!! And you're ready to call him garbage when he performs at about the same level that our other QB's did last season under the same circumstances

Exactly. Its amazing how the same excuses used for Feeley dont apply to Sage. Sage had about the same numbers as Feeley did, and it was his FIRST game.

Coming out of college, Sage was rated higher than Feeley, scored a 31 on the wonderlic versus Feeley's 16, and was drafted in the round before him. Not to mention Sage actually started and played in his years in Iowa.

He showed he had a better arm, better pocket presence, better decision making. But the most glaring aspect I saw of Sage that game was his ability to read the defense. The offense did not have many options for him or hot routes, but you could tell Sage knew what was going to happen when the ball was snapped.

Spielman departure doesnt bode well for Feeley either. Had Saban felt that Feeley was a talented player worthy of the 2nd rounder Spielman gave up for him, he would have kept Spielman around longer. Obviously he didnt.

Yes I will get bashed by Feeley huggers worldwide but I believe that Sage will pass Feeley on the depth chart this year. Frerotte will be number 1, Sage number 2, then Feeley number 3. After this season Feeley will be cut and sink into the abyss of the NFL QB recycling bin.

Back
Top Bottom