Double Down at QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Double Down at QB

I'm not against the idea, but that would mean the end of Rosen in Miami. And I think they like the idea of him as a cheap backup they can groom for the next few years. I don't think he'll ever be in their plans as a starter, but I think they can see him in a backup role.

If they do move on from Rosen I hope they can at least get something for him in return.

TFK
I dont care about being cheap. You either can play or u cant in nfl. None of this money.coming out my pocket. Owner are super rich

We've already sunk a 2nd round pick in Rosen. If Tua gets hurt, let Rosen stink it up for us and net us a high pick next year.

View attachment 43274

Just leaving this here. I found it interesting. Maybe others will, as well.
Since top 5 picks generally go to teams that are poor organizations it's not all that surprising. I imagine if those same QBs went to the teams that had the last 5 picks of the 1st round these numbers would be significantly improved.

Miami's greatest need is qb.

WHY? For the last decade people have been claiming our greatest need is QB. Everyone **** all over #17 when all he needed was an Oline. Now we have Fitz and Rosen.....both played admirably behind .........again another horrible OLine. Why do people keep insisting on getting a QB when no matter who we get they will fail if we dont build up the Trenches. Get a running game. Improve the defense. QB is a need looking at the long term. Its not #1. OLINE ,running back. Thats a desperate need. You want to roll the dice on TUA at 5? fine. But doubling down is just silly. lauaghable silly.

Since top 5 picks generally go to teams that are poor organizations it's not all that surprising. I imagine if those same QBs went to the teams that had the last 5 picks of the 1st round these numbers would be significantly improved.

Dan Marino went to a Superbowl team. But never had a running game or a defense. Need to built a solid Team. All around or no matter who you pick.........they will end up like Andrew Luck.

I've called for this several times. The other positions are considered alongside quarterback when really they should be in an entirely different realm, like the difference between marriage and a hand shake.

In this draft I'd like to come away with Tua and Love. Both have high ceilings but undeniable question marks. Plenty of contrast. Take those two swings and we still have plentiful resources in this draft.

With both as first round picks there wouldn't be any awkwardness like Griffin and Cousins. Both realize it is an open competition, like Rosen and Fitzpatrick last year. It's not much different than college where a program has elite quarterback recruits on top of one another. The 1982 Canes are a famous example with Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar and Vinnie Testaverde on the same roster.

If we took two quarterbacks early everyone would be in frantic horrors until it began to unfold and looked very normal. That's the way these things work. Give the coaching staff some credit for being able to sort things out.

I doubt Herbert would fall that far but I'd also consider Tua with Herbert. Beyond that I wouldn't do it. It would have to be two among Burrow, Tua, Love and Herbert.

If we trade up for Burrow I wouldn't take a second quarterback unless Love was still sitting there at a spot we didn't have to give away to the Bengals.

If we end up with two quarterbacks I'd also keep Rosen and get rid of Fitzpatrick. I don't care about Fitzpatrick. Yeah, he might be our best chance to win the most games in 2020. That's worth about as much as that hand shake.

To prove your point, last time I can think of is in 1994 Washington took Heath Shuler in the 1st round and Gus Frerotte in the 7th.

Good point. Remember my comment- " I'm interested though if any team has ever taken a R1 QB and followed that with a R2 or R3 QB." Omega (I think) noted RGIII and Cousins, but Cousins was R4

Back
Top Bottom